Sales Director - Pennsylvania / Delaware / Maryland Territory
Company: GuideOne Insurance
Posted on: February 15, 2019
GuideOne agents and customers change the world every day. GuideOne is committed to making the world a better place by protecting the organizations - churches, educational institutions, small businesses and nonprofit organizations - that serve the greater good. By focusing on what makes us different from more traditional insurance companies, our sales department has an impressive and compelling story to tell. In this vital role as a Regional Sales Director, you will be the face of GuideOne, sharing our mission and strengthening the relationship between GuideOne and our customers by ensuring we always empower them, and never hinder them, in their tireless quest to improve the people and communities that they serve. Our ideal Regional Sales Director will have:
- 3 or more years of experience in an outside sales or marketing role
- Enjoy developing long-term producer and agency relationships
- Have an existing network of relationships
- 5 or more years of exposure in a Commercial Lines Insurance environment
- 2 or more years of Commercial Lines Underwriting experience This individual will be responsible for managing and growing all lines of business within all of our niche markets and they will also be responsible for helping us launch our new Small Business niche. This opportunity will be in charge of a region that includes all of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware and is located remotely in any part of the designated territory. The ability to travel extensively is required. As GuideOne's Regional Sales Director, you will: Manage independent agency and producer relationships.
- Use assigned underwriting authority to review and triage risks with your agency partners and to work with your underwriting teammates to prioritize accounts and deliver new business proposals.
- Work to position GuideOne as the lead carrier for business that fits GuideOne's niche market and underwriting appetite, including CPP, BAP, Umbrella and Workers Compensation.
- Conduct regular business and sales planning with assigned agencies.
- Directs the development, measurement and maintenance of sales, production, service and quality standards for the agent force.
- Takes ownership, is accountable and sets an example for the sales team by acting with integrity, communicating honestly, being a team player and working with energy and enthusiasm. Lead the recruiting, selection and appointment of new independent agencies.
- Identify high-potential agencies.
- Develop relationships with prospective agencies and seek opportunities to proactively demonstrate the value of affiliating with GuideOne. Recruits, manages and motivates independent agencies within a territory.
- Trains and develops a dynamic, proactive sales organization comprised of agents that actively sell and cross-sell the entire array or designated company products available in the territory.
- In conjunction with Home Office, provides appropriate sales tools, training, and a consistent evaluation process to establish clear expectations and assure profitable sales success. Effectively works towards meeting and exceeding annual sales goals.
- Work with Agency department to facilitate appointment of new agencies. Provide leadership and management of sales process.
- Conduct joint sales calls with independent agents, providing expertise to write new and renewal business.
- Support new business and renewal processes by actively monitoring the pipeline and proactively managing the sales process.
- Assist in development & understanding of competitor markets.
- Work closely with various Home Office departments to communicate competitor knowledge. Keep informed of the changing marketplace within the territory and proactively communicate information pertinent to our business in a timely manner.
- Prepares, presents, monitors and adheres to the territory budget, to include income and expenses, aimed at reflecting appropriate territory profitability targets. This includes coordination with Home Office regarding rate setting, and expense allocation and underwriting protocol.
- Manages to meet or exceed the annual premium and profitability plan, recruiting plan, specific action plans for reaching goals and marketing approach to be utilized within territory. Onboard new independent agents / producers.
- Identify training needs and partner with Sales Development to deliver training sessions.
- Promotes the highest possible level of service to policyholders and agents, while acting as liaison with Home Office personnel to assure service delivery exceeds customer expectations.
- Assumes additional duties as required. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Business or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years Commercial Lines Underwriting
- A minimum of 3 years of previous sales and/or marketing experience preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of Property and Casualty insurance experience preferred.
- Insurance sales experience and agency management, preferred.
- Professional designations (CIC, CPCU, CLU, AMIC) desired.
- MBA preferred. Other Credentials and Job Requirements:
- Demonstrates the ability to use common and complex concepts, practices and procedures within the Sales and P&C Insurance fields.
- Must meet or exceed the ability to demonstrate GuideOne leadership core competencies: Communication, Making Sound Business Decisions, Developing Others, Achievement Orientation, Adaptability and Leadership Maturity.
- Convey clear, concise information to others, using verbal or other appropriate communication techniques.
- Compose written correspondence and factual reports, which are well organized and concise, utilizing proper English, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Demonstrates leadership experience and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of niche oriented commercial insurance marketing - preferably in the church insurance and/or non-profit segments.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Formulate and prepare complex reports, spreadsheets and budgets using these tools. Design effective PowerPoint presentations.
- Comfortable utilizing video conferencing tools and various mobile devices/tablets to accomplish job duties.
- Demonstrated ability to accept change and lead within a change-oriented environment.
- Established record of meeting sales goals within a disciplined budget process.
- Perform advanced mathematical calculations/problems (formulas, percentages, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Compare data to formulate and prepare budgets, long range goals and reports.
- Complete formal training plan and assignments as required.
- Treat others in a nondiscriminatory, lawful and ethical manner, respecting the differences among people, and the value they bring to GuideOne.
- Follow safe practices in all work activities to avoid injuries and accidents.
- Frequent overnight travel required. About GuideOne: GuideOne Insurance was founded upon two key philosophies that endure to this day: a commitment to social responsibility, and a dedication to serving customers in select niche markets. At GuideOne Insurance, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We encourage our employees to work towards common goals and succeed together. GuideOne is a recognized expert in providing Commercial Lines insurance and financial services to:
- Churches and Houses of Worship
- Small Businesses
- Schools and Higher Education Institutions
- Non-Profit Organizations Rich Benefits Package:
- 401K includes a match up to 7% at 100%.
- Generous time off program including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Wellness incentives.
- Free Basic Life and AD&D.
- Free short-term and long-term disability.
- Educational assistance program.
- 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision.
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities.
- Company car, phone, and computer provided. This Company Participates in E-Verify Background Check Required EOE
Keywords: GuideOne Insurance, Philadelphia , Sales Director - Pennsylvania / Delaware / Maryland Territory, Sales , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!