Chromatography Sales Account Manager
Company: TOSOH BIOSCIENCE LLC
Location: King Of Prussia
Posted on: September 17, 2020
This positon will work remotely from a home office within the
assigned geographical sales territory. This position offers
Tosoh Bioscience LLC, a division of Tosoh Corporation, is a major
global supplier of chromatographic solutions predominately serving
the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries. Our
comprehensive line of analytical HPLC columns, bulk process media
resins, and dedicated GPC systems for polymer analysis, coupled
with our expertise, make the solution to your separation and
purification process clear.
The responsibility of the Account Manager is to sell the Tosoh Line
of HPLC columns and process media. The Account Manager will focus
their efforts calling on pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and
biotechnology accounts within their assigned territory to increase
sales revenue. To achieve sales goals, Account Managers will visit
customers' sites, understand their purification and QC challenges,
and offer solutions. This individual will provide support and
educate customers on new products and applications.
The Account Manager will report to the National Sales Manager. This
position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
HPLC Column and Process Media Account Management
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales targets assigned by
the National Sales Manager.
- Conduct sales calls via phone and face-to-face customer
meetings in order to achieve sales quotas.
- Provide quotes and pricing agreements to accounts and
- Responsible for sales of capital equipment to the biotech
- Present and demonstrate the value propositions of Tosoh columns
and process media products to customers in R&D, process
development, and manufacturing industries.
- Develop and execute a sales strategy and sales call pattern for
the territory with key companies and customers.
- Utilize various tools to develop leads including the internet,
company provided leads, newspapers, journals, and scientific
- Maintain a high level of product technical and application
- Recognize opportunities within assigned territories for new
- Promptly provide information, advise customers, and follow up
on all leads.
- Travel as needed to customer sites, sales meetings, scientific
conferences, and other events as needed while adhering to the TBL
expense policy. Sales Reporting
- Analyze sales by account and product class on a quarterly basis
to provide reports as requested by management.
- Provide sales forecasts to management.
- Maintain customer files, call history, and purchase data for
accounts utilizing contact management software.
- Gather, maintain, and report on market trends and competitor
information. Sales Communications
- Plan and implement seminars and other communication tools to
generate leads and sales.
- Maintain a consistent corporate image throughout product lines,
promotional materials, and events.
- Implements marketing plan as applicable to sales territory.
Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, chemical
engineering or related field.
Skills and Qualifications
- One to two years of experience working in biotechnology sales
or laboratory experience that includes HPLC or downstream
- A working knowledge of chromatography and the biopharmaceutical
- Working knowledge of contact management, internet, email,
spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of the basic concepts involved in a sales
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined to execute the major duties
and responsibilities of the position while working remotely.
- Poses the ability to identify, establish, and maintain strong
relationships with potential customers including scientists, senior
management, and purchasing groups.
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- The ability to interact with colleagues and customers from
multiple disciplines at all levels.
- The ability to get along with others and succeed in a team
environment. Physical Requirements
- Ability to travel domestically, by both auto and air, up to 50%
of the work year.
- Ability to speak clearly so that others can understand.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a
driver or passenger in an automobile.
- Ability to visit and move around at customer sites. T osoh
Bioscience, LLC. (King of Prussia, PA) employees enjoy a lucrative
benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance,
various savings plans, extensive vacation pay, retirement package,
competitive salary, bonuses, and an amazing work-life balance.
TBL is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Visit us at
Keywords: TOSOH BIOSCIENCE LLC, Philadelphia , Chromatography Sales Account Manager, Sales , King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!