Company: Biocair Inc.
Posted on: January 9, 2018
Job DescriptionThis position is located in King of Prussia.We are currently looking for a full time Logistics Coordinator to join our expanding Operations team in King of Prussia, PA. Working in a fast paced environment, this is an excellent opportunity for someone with logistics, courier or freight-forwarding experience. You will need to be highly organized, have the ability to work well under pressure and provide exceptional customer service. If you have previously worked in the pharmaceutical sector or have a science background then we would also love to hear from you.The ideal candidate will be a college graduate with the ability to work as part of a small team, whilst also using their own initiative, to solve complicated logistics problems.Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.Main Purpose of Job:To perform and complete daily operational & transport tasks to meet and exceed customer expectations, in compliance with all relevant regulations and the targets of the Company.Key Logistics Responsibilities- Shipment Request Review - ensure that Biocair receives full shipment details for all consignments to ensure compliance with the appropriate regulations.- To perform research into new routes and services to the maximum benefit of both the customer and the Company.- Produce all documents necessary for the effective transport of any local, domestic or international export, in compliance with any appropriate regulations.- Track and trace – to check with an airline that a consignment has flown as per the reservation made with them in accordance with the monitoring procedure.- Overseas Deliveries – monitor all door to door deliveries with overseas agents to ensure that delivery occurs within the specified time frame in accordance with the monitoring procedures.- Couriers - monitor all deliveries of consignments with international and domestic couriers to ensure that delivery occurs within the specified time frame in accordance with the monitoring procedure.- Ensure that all data that needs to be entered into the “Intranet System” is entered and amended so that is always complete and accurate.- Job Completion – Ensure all consignment files are completed with the correct information in accordance with company procedures so that the Finance department can invoice the customer correctly first time. And all paper records and complete.- Be involved in the design and implementation of solutions to meet customer needs through liaison/consultation if necessary with other departments and remote offices.- Ensure application of all operational elements of the Business System when performing consignments e.g. standard operating procedures, templates, information etc.- Ensure that any information that can be utilized in the provisions of service is controlled and communicated according to company standards.- Be involved in the implementation of improving service performance based on the corrective actions from root cause analysis.Key Transport Responsibilities- As part of the Logistics Coordinator role, operate as a Transport Coordinator/Packaging Specialist one day a week (on average)- Be able to lift up to 65lbs- Be able to pass a Transport Security Administration (TSA) background check (possession of a TSA STA would be an advantage)- Drive company cargo van safely and cautiously to protect others, yourself, and properly represent the company in public- Handle and pack customer material to Company packing proceduresKnowledge, Skills and ExperienceEssentials for this position are as follows:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to multi task
- Adaptable individual with a “can do” attitude
- Able to handle a heavy and rapidly changing workloadDesirables for this position are as follows:
- Logistics, courier or freight forwarding experience
- Import / Export / Customs knowledge
- Direct customer service experience
- Scientific knowledge would be an advantage, as the work will involve communicating with scientists.
- Foreign languageKey Competencies
- Able to work both as part of a small team and complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision or guidance.
- A high level of attention to detail in all aspects of their work.
- Able to communicate, clearly and concisely, with clients, suppliers, and colleagues both within the USA and oversees.As the company continues to grow the role will focus more on the Logistics Coordinator aspect of this dual role.We offer a very competitive starting salary with an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, employer funded short-term disability and 401K.Job Type: Full-time Company DescriptionBiocair is a specialist courier, wholly owned by the DPD group, with 30 years of dedicated experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life science sectors. We have built up a unique, client-centric approach by employing scientists in front-line logistics positions and assembling a team of best-in-class industry experts in quality, cold chain and regulatory compliance amongst others. Biocair focuses on providing the most comprehensive service options available whilst delivering flexible, tailored, cost effective logistics solutions to all clients.
Keywords: Biocair Inc., Philadelphia, Logistics Coordinator, Professions, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!