Distribution Trainee - Fire Protection
Company: Core & Main
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Job Description Job Summary
Our exciting rotational entry-level cross-functional Distribution
Sales and Leadership Development Program develops employees for
future roles with the company as Key Operations Personnel, Inside
and Outside Sales Professionals and Leadership Roles. Participants
will experience immersive on-the-job training that will put them in
the driving seat of their own careers! We strive to uncover the
core strength of each participant to help steer them towards a
career in that arena while gaining an overall knowledge of all
operations from the ground up. Pay: Year one hourly rate of $24/hr
(with opportunity for overtime) plus $5,000 Sign-on bonus, $5,000
year one completion bonus & $2,496 cost of living bonus. Position
starts in July. What does the program look like?
- In this 18-month rotational program for recent college
graduates, participants experience working in multiple branches and
positions with various leaders. Some of the key roles you will
rotate through and/or gain exposure to through shadowing include
Warehouse, Fabrication, Inside Sales, Operations Manager and
Outside Sales.Why participate in this program?
- Learn distribution operations by rotating throughout various
departments, roles and classroom seminars.
- Experience hands-on training needed to learn all aspects of the
- Contribute to our culture through professional
- Enhance your business acumen and gain comprehensive
distribution experience that will prepare you for a key role in the
- Work within and among different communities to ensure they
thrive with safe and sustainable infrastructure.
- Gain confidence as you learn new skills and actively contribute
to company goals!
- Meet new friends and experience new places! As part of our
rotational program, you are likely to relocate to live and work in
a different location at least once (Waterworks only).What does the
work look like?
- You will experience a variety of work environments. Starting in
the warehouse lifting, loading trucks, etc. you will also
experience time in the office and out in the field consistently
working in an indoor/outdoor environment.
- This is not a typical office job!
- Completion of a culmination project based on a real-world
challenge. The results will be presented to Senior Leadership.
- Mixture of classroom learning and hands-on experience.What
qualifications are needed to be considered for the program?
- BS/BA graduation date of 2021, 2022, 2023, or Spring 2024
- No more than 2 years of professional experience (excluding
internships, or positions held prior to graduation).
- Preferred - Demonstrated history of holding effective
leadership positions (e.g., associations, college groups, etc.)What
happens after the program is complete?
- Successful completion of the program results in an offer that
will be the starting point to a fulfilling career!
- Upon completion of the program, the Distribution Trainees are
in a unique position to be prepared for many different openings,
including Key Operations Personnel, Inside and Outside Sales
Professionals and Leadership Roles.Why Core & Main?
- Our culture can be summed up with "Everyone is family". This is
one of our core values. As we work, we treat others as we would
treat members of our family (respectfully and with honesty and
- Continual learning - we offer tuition reimbursement, tuition
grants and hundreds of hours of internal training both in person
and online. Year over year, associates rate our learning
opportunities as one of the most valuable aspects of working at
Core & Main.
- At Core & Main, we strive to foster a diverse community where
people thrive because they feel safe to bring their whole,
authentic selves to work so they can learn develop and grow to
their fullest potential.
- Professional networks that provide community engagement,
industry networking opportunities and professional development.
#monster About Core & MainBased in St. Louis, Core & Main is a
leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire
protection products in the United States. Operating approximately
275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with
a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities
innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure.
Core & Main's 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe
distribution of water and fire protection to help communities
thrive. Visit to learn more. Core & Main is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on
a person's merit and qualifications directly related to
professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against
any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color,
religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability,
veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including
breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit
information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any
limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon
non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
For more information, please click or visit
Keywords: Core & Main, Philadelphia , Distribution Trainee - Fire Protection, Professions , Westville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!