Equipment Systems Application Engineer
Company: Johnson Controls International
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Build your best future with the Johnson Controls team As a
global leader in smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, our
mission is to reimagine the performance of buildings to serve
people, places and the planet. Join a winning team that enables you
to build your best future! Our teams are uniquely positioned to
support a multitude of industries across the globe. You will have
the opportunity to develop yourself through meaningful work
projects and learning opportunities. We strive to provide our
employees with an experience, focused on supporting their physical,
financial, and emotional wellbeing. Become a member of the Johnson
Controls family and thrive in an empowering company culture where
your voice and ideas will be heard your next great opportunity is
just a few clicks away! What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation/holidays/sicktime- 15 days of vacation first
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401K, medical, dental,
and vision care - Available day one
- Encouraging and collaborative team environment
- Dedication to safety through our Zero Harm policy
- Check us out!: What you will doUnder general direction,
supports the construction sales team by assisting with pre and post
sales activities on building systems and equipment project
opportunities. Although the role is primarily weighted with
execution of our equipment business, the ratio of pre and/or post
sales activities will vary based on assigned branch type, assigned
Account Execs and customer expectations.Pre-sales activities
include, but are not limited to; system configuration validation,
HVAC equipment and/or controls selection for basis of design as
well as bidding, application and pricing. This role will receive
direction, coaching and support from assigned account executives
and sales leadership on pre-sale needs and expectations.Post sales
activities include equipment project execution that is profitable,
accurate, on-time, within the scope of the contract and in
alignment with customer expectations. Develops and provides
detailed engineering information and submittals to communicate
design, configuration, operating and installation requirements to
customers, consultants, Johnson Controls service and necessary
subcontractors. Works with assigned sales team to maintain an
effective balance between customer satisfaction and project
financial results when performing pre-sale and/or post sale duties.
How you will do it
- Provides technical support, selections and limited estimating
support to Account Execs during project design or proposal phase.
Assists as needed in developing the customer reason for the
- Supports detailed estimating of projects for Account Execs to
finalize and present to clients. Validates assumptions made during
proposal and development phase. Builds a detailed cost estimate and
scope of work for assigned projects in conjunction with Sales.
Assists in preparing proposals and other customer communication
- Prepares customer proposals and quote letters for assigned
projects. Includes project takeoffs, specification review, special
quote generation and RFQ and RFI issuance
- Supports Account Execs efforts to become basis of design
through timely selections, specifications, sequences, drawings and
review of documents as required.
- Manages project Profit and Loss (P&L) and customer
satisfaction for all projects assigned. Accomplishes this using the
Johnson Controls equipment order execution process, including;
execution of the equipment orders, startup and final payment.
- Works closely with branch administration to manage backlog
execution, schedule and forecast execution of equipment projects up
to two years in advance.
- Interprets engineering drawings and specifications in order to
develop and provide engineered equipment submittals in compliance
with; contract drawing, site coordination, and site installation
- Follows standardized submittal generation guidelines for
preparation and processing of equipment engineering submittals,
including but not limited to; final coil selection, coil hand
coordination, fan selection, chiller performance verification,
chiller configuration and option selection so as to match schedule,
drawing and specification requirements.
- Verifies that Johnson Controls has an approved equipment
submittal and positive configuration acceptance by the installing
contractor prior to releasing equipment for fabrication.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of supply and the impact of
client-issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling
changes. Coordinates project schedule with the customer to ensure
timely release of equipment.
- Works to increase appropriate additional change orders.
Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and works
with sales in negotiating final settlement price and customer
acceptance resulting from scope of supply changes / change
- Coordinates the factory equipment order process to ensure
technical and commercial compliance with contract documents and
site coordination requirements.
- Generates technical content of Purchase Orders for field
purchased materials and equipment.
- Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials and
equipment for assigned projects. Coordinates shipping processes to
meet factory and project schedule requirements and reviews the
equipment order status reports as needed, identifying any critical
delivery requirements. Coordinates equipment delivery requirements
with the Customer.
- Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial
status to management as required.
- Reviews vendor invoices for technical and commercial compliance
prior to approving payment.
- Coordinates post shipment services that include but are not
limited to; start-up initiation and solutions to delivery, shipping
or scope omission problems.
- As required, visits customer sites to ensure delivery and
receipt of critical equipment is in compliance with the
expectations of Johnson Controls, the customer and the owner.
- Ensures project documentation is compliant with contract
requirements, Johnson Controls standards and the formal Johnson
Controls equipment order execution process.
- Periodically answers engineered equipment and controls
application questions from potential customers and other sales
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with
customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors.
Attends job progress meetings as required.
- Coordinates customer-training requirements with local Johnson
- Works with Customer Operations Associate to address any billing
and collections issues, and to assure Johnson Controls receives
payment in full.What we look forPreferred
- Technical diploma in engineering, buildings, building
environmental systems technology, construction, HVAC & R
technician, business; or
- Certification in a relevant field such as HVAC Technician or
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role.
- Computer skills experience to include: Microsoft Office suite,
(with emphasis on Word, Excel and Visio) Adobe Writer, and basic
Windows operating system environment. AutoCad experience is
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Good
organizational skills with attention to detail. Interpersonal
skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external
customers. Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage a large
and diverse number of projects with professionalism, cooperation,
and persistence.Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal
employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability
or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more
information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination
rights as a candidate, visit . If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit .
Keywords: Johnson Controls International, Philadelphia , Equipment Systems Application Engineer, Professions , Horsham, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!