Bldgs HVAC Specialist (1140)
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Secure your FUTURE with SEPTA today!
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is
the sixth largest transportation system in the United States, with
a vast network of fixed route services including bus,
subway/elevated, trackless trolley, light rail, and commuter rail
serving a 2,200 square mile service region.SEPTA has become an
integral force in the economic success of the Philadelphia region,
providing an efficient and reliable source of transportation.
We are seeking candidatesfor the position ofBldgs HVAC Specialist
Installs, maintains, diagnoses, tests, maintains, troubleshoots and
repairs Building HVAC Systems and related equipment and
*Starting Pay Rate: $34.99/hour - After 12 Months: $36.66, based on
- Installs, operates, maintains, tests, and overhauls heating,
ventilating and air conditioning equipment, oil and gas fired
burners, low pressure steam, high temperature hot water and warm
air heating units, related accessories and components.
- Inspects visually, disassembles, cleans, replaces and repairs,
installs, lubricates, and tests all HVAC equipment and related
parts, components and controls including oil and gas burners, steam
and water boilers, warm air units, pipe and fitting and pumps.
- Locates trouble in electrical, electronic and pneumatic
controls and diagnoses by various testing devices; repairs all
electrical trouble as required.
- Manufactures, installs and repairs various HVAC equipment such
as bushings, bearings, pulleys, gears, belts, controls, chains,
rollers, fixtures, brackets, etc.
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent and two (2) years training at
an accredited Technical School or equivalent. In lieu of technical
school training, five (5) years practical experience in a related
field may be substituted.
- Must have experience in the installation, operation,
maintenance, testing and repair of low pressure steam, high
temperature hot water, warm air heating units, refrigeration and
air conditioning equipment, including electrical, mechanical ,
electronic and pneumatic components related to HVAC systems.
- Must have knowledge of regulatory agency codes and
- Must satisfactorily complete qualifications test and
performance tests as required.
- Will be required to obtain CDL driver's license.
- Will be required to possess or obtain hand tools as designated
by the position's tool list. IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND
SEPTA offers a comprehensive benefits and retirement program for
ALL employees, including:
- Medical - Minimal annual premium contribution
Benefit plans with No Employee annual premium contribution:
Additional benefits we offer:
- Pension Plan/Retirement Savings
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Voluntary Governmental 457B Deferred Comp Plan
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- SEPTA Transportation Pass -FREE travel on all SEPTA modes of
- SEPTA employees qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness
SEPTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphiaby Jobble
Keywords: Septa, Philadelphia , Bldgs HVAC Specialist (1140), Professions , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!