Company: CareLink Community Support Services
Posted on: March 20, 2023
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.DescriptionCustodial Worker
Company: CareLink Community Support Services For over 60 years,
CareLink Community Support Services has been dedicated to helping
people with disabilities to live in the community with dignity and
independence. Our rehabilitation services and professional staff
provide the support that people with serious mental illness,
physical disabilities and other developmental challenges need to be
active, productive members of their communities. Location:
Philadelphia, PA 19144 (SSL Program) Pay Rate: $15.00 an hour Job
Type: Full-time Available Shifts: 1st shift Monday through Friday
(40 hours a week) Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Bereavement leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Basic life insurance and basic AD&D coverage at no cost to
- Voluntary, employee paid benefit plans: Short term disability
and Supplemental life insurance and AD&D
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursementJob Description: Responsible for overall
cleaning of program and apartment sites, internally and externally
as well as general maintenance of property and grounds.
Qualifications: Preferred Education: High School Diploma or GED
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED Field of study:
General Work Experience: 1 to 2 years Certifications, Licenses,
Registrations Required: Valid Driver's License Essential Functions:
- Responsible for thorough cleaning of the community living room,
community dining room, community bathrooms, and community
- Responsible for cleaning all consumer apartments and consumer
living spaces (dining room, living room, and bathroom)
- Responsible for maintaining all entrances clean and free of
- Responsible for making sure all trash is in exterior
- Responsible for ordering all cleaning supplies and paper
- Responsible for inventory and storage of all cleaning supplies
and paper products.
- Responsible for shopping and completing errands as
- Responsible for handling preventive maintenance issues on
agency van as needed. Examples include filling the van with gas,
cleaning the van, etc.
- Responsible for light maintenance and other functions:
- Perform minor repairs and renovations.
- Perform minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting and
- Perform seasonal work such as removal and installation of storm
windows, screens, air conditioners, fans, and snow removal.
- Perform ground-keeping duties such as grass cutting, raking
leaves, pruning trees/shrubs and exterior clean up.
- Inform supervisor of renovation needs and safety/hazardous
conditions at the property
- Responsible for organizing closets and storage areas.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Transport clients as necessary/appropriate.
- Perform job within framework of agency, site and professional
- Participate in staff meetings and training programs.
- Participate in supervision on an on-going basis.
- Attend and participate in agency events.
- Adhere to agency/site policies and procedures.
- Project a positive attitude and image to clients, family
members and outside contacts.
- Cooperate with other staff and exhibit positive attitude toward
position and agency mission.
- Use appropriate communication channels.
- Participate in achievement of agency goals and mission.
- Display ability to take direction.
- Follow expected dress code.
- Adhere to supervisor's requests.
- Show initiative and demonstrate good judgement.
- Follow instructions accurately and thoroughly while completing
assigned tasks within expected time frames.
- Work as scheduled to assure coverage.
- Perform occasional administrative activities, including but not
limited to filing, copying, compilation, and collation of
- Reports/documents maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- Performs job in a safe manner.
- Reports/addresses safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as
- Attends and participates in regular supervision.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Performs job within framework of agency, site, and professional
- Participates in staff meetings and training programs.
- Attends and participates in agency events.
- Adheres to agency/site policies and procedures including HIPAA
- Cooperates and coordinates with Regional Director on all
- Projects a positive attitude and image to staff, participants,
family members, and outside contacts.
- Uses appropriate communication channels.
- Completes assignments independently and within specified time
- Participates in achievement of agency objectives, goals, and
- Displays motivation and interest in working creatively with
people who have mental illness/disabilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to make sound judgements regarding the
welfare of people served.
- Displays ability to take direction.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic principles and methods of
clinical psychology and psychiatric rehabilitation.
- Follows agency dress code.
- Adheres to supervisor's requests.
- Cooperates with other staff and exhibit positive attitude
toward position and agency.
- Contributes to the growth and development of services.
- Shows initiative and demonstrate good judgement.
- Follows instructions accurately and thoroughly.
- Works as scheduled to assure coverage.
- Performs job in a safe manner.
- Reports/addresses safety concerns in a timely manner.Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong collaborating skills, and an ability to work effectively
both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable in a fastpaced environment with frequent deadlines;
high energy, self-motivated and proactive.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and be flexible with regard to workload
- Ability to exercise judgment.PM21
Keywords: CareLink Community Support Services, Philadelphia , Custodial Worker, Professions , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...