Equipment Field Service Technician
Company: Alpine, an ITW Company
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Equipment Field Service Technician
Apply Job ID REF7768U Date posted 09/13/2022
Address Anywhere, Philadelphia, PA
Job Type Full-time
Job Status Non-Exempt
Alpine, anITWcompany, is a leading provider of building component
software, equipment, and the industry's best service to truss
manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve
their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a
leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase
productivity and profitability.
ITWoffers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive
salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help
employees care for themselves, their families, and their
Alpine is seeking an Equipment Field Service Tech to join our
team.The service technician is responsible for installing,
troubleshooting, and repairing mechanical equipment; including, but
not limited to electronic control panels and related mechanical,
electrical or computer equipment, designed and built exclusively by
ITW Alpine at the customer's location.Primary Responsibilities:
- Extensive travel required (60-80%), including weekends, as
- Installs Alpine equipment at customer sites. Drills holes and
bolts metal framework and supports in place. Cuts, drills, and fits
brackets, supports, covers, and fixtures from metal sheet, strap or
bar stock. Assembles machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or
otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures. Bolts and
screws control panels and assembled operating units to framework.
Connects electrical wiring and cables.
- Reads and understands manuals and work instructions.
- Reads proprietary blueprints and schematic drawings to
determine work procedures.
- Aligns machines and equipment using proprietary procedures and
- Provides onsite service and repairs. Repairs, troubleshoots,
calibrates, and lubricates machines and equipment per the
instruction manual or work instructions.
- Installs & adjusts computer hardware and software and related
operating systems and programs, printers and other electronic
equipment, based on specific factory training required for
ITW/Alpine Equipment and related proprietary firmware and
- Provides customer training on installed equipment. Trains
operator to run and maintain equipment. Familiarizes customer with
service manual and computer interface. Monitors customer's work to
provide guidance and answer questions.
- Works in the office when not traveling, performing all tasks as
required to provide customer service. Will take customer orders and
perform troubleshooting with customers by phone and online.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of experience working on industrial equipment
- 2+ years of experience with: mechanical, electrical,
electronic, computer, motion control systems, firmware, software,
and related components and systems preferred
- Experience with installing and training customers on automated
- Possess/maintain valid driver's license and maintain a clear
Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Extensive travel required (60-80% domestic and international),
including weekends, as necessary.
- Must be able to obtain the appropriate visa/work documentation
to enable travel to customer's location to perform work as
necessary and wherever assigned worldwide
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.ITW is an equal -opportunityemployer.We value our
colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create
workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to
their full potential.Asan equal employment opportunity employer,ITW
is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for
employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through
all aspects of the employment relationship.All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national
origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
Keywords: Alpine, an ITW Company, Philadelphia , Equipment Field Service Technician, Professions , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!