Company: New Life Staffing, LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionNew Life Staffing is hiring an Industrial
Production Manager who will oversee the daily and strategic
operations of manufacturing and related activities in the plant.
This position is responsible for improving performance,
productivity, efficiency and profitability through the
implementation of effective methods and strategies, in accordance
with cost, quality, and quantity specifications. Our customer is an
AS9100 certified company and all activity will be in compliance
with this standard.Roles and Responsibilities
- Decide how best to use a plant's workers and equipment to meet
- Ensures orders are delivered on time and efficiently, within
- Reviews monthly schedule and backlog with the Master Scheduler
to ensure that the schedule is created in such a manner to meet the
following criteria: on-time delivery and weekly, monthly, and
annual financial goals.
- Directs and assists managers and other direct reports in the
development of long and short-range planning, policies, programs
and objectives. Monitors these areas and objectives to ensure their
- Leads the continuous improvement effort utilizing various
methodologies to increase efficiency, improve processes and upgrade
- Ensures that all manufacturing operations are striving to meet
the three top level goals; 99% on-time delivery, 99% quality
ratings and compliance with the AS9100 standard.
- Determine whether new machines are needed and whether overtime
work is necessary
- Systematically eliminates scrap and rework.
- Oversee quality as relates to all manufacturing to ensure that
the requirements of the CRC QMS are met.
- Works closely with production departments for any delivery
problems or issues.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative
staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Reviews methods of fabrication, tooling requirements and
equipment conditions for efficiency and areas of improvement.
- Prepares manpower report for employee's hours, availability and
- Analyzes production data to identify opportunities to reduce
waste and increase efficiency
- Works closely with other organization managers
- Ensures a safe working environment that complies with OSHA, EPA
and DEP regulatory policies and procedures as well as any
applicable state and local regulations.
- Enforces safety codes, monitors accident reports and takes
corrective action as required.
- Reports to the President, using a Flash Report (weekly and
monthly) and in person as required.Required Qualifications and
- Bachelor's degree, 10 years' experience in manufacturing
management, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to read and interpret job costing reports, operating
reports, and sales reports
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from management, customers, vendors, employees, and board
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts including geometry,
trigonometry, and statistical data, and apply these concepts to
- Proficiency with measuring tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, growing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, deadlines
- Strong and extensive background in management with strong
interpersonal skills in leading and directing departmental managers
as well as shop employees, and working closely with senior staff
- Strong and extensive background in fabrication and welding
- Preferred Skills
- Project Management Methodology background
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Experience with Visual ERP/MRP software
- APICS CPIM credentialWorking Conditions
- The physical environment may require the employee to work both
inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid
- •Safety Glasses, Durable pants, and Steel Toe Shoes/Boots are
required to be worn while on shop floor. Hearing protection, safety
gloves, high visibility vests, and other PPE to be provided on an
as needed basis.
- No loose clothing is permitted on the shop floor.
- Work involves prolonged periods sitting at a desk/working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA, FLSA and other federal, state,
and local standards, including meeting quantitative and/or
qualitative productivity standards.
Keywords: New Life Staffing, LLC, Philadelphia , Production Supervisor, Professions , Aston, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!