Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionDistribution Material Handler11:30am-8:00pm
Philadelphia, PA We live sneakers, streetwear, and neighborhood
culture! All Day! Every Day! It's an exciting time to be part of
our growing retail company, with US headquarters in Philadelphia,
PA. SNIPES is a global sneaker and streetwear retailer with almost
400 doors in Europe and 300 doors in the US. Key brands include
Nike, Jordan, Adidas, Timberland and UGGs. Our mission is to move
street culture forward through our communities. To achieve this
mission, we operate as an "entertainment company with a little bit
of retail". Our customer journey starts in our communities where we
support, empower, and celebrate in order to earn the right to do
business there. We are deeply engrained in our neighborhoods and
work with many local partners to provide experiences and tell our
stories – be it at food drives, music festivals, skate tournaments,
dance contests, basketball games, or in one of our 700
state-of-the-art doors. To ensure our stories have reach, we also
regularly work with global partners such as our Chief Creative
Office DJ Khaled, Snoop Dogg, Rick Ross, or brands such as Sony
PlayStation and Sprite. We entered the US market in 2019 through
two acquisitions and have been extremely well-received by our
communities, customers, and brand partners. We completed our third
acquisition at the end of 2021, and in March 2022 acquired a fourth
company in the US. We are geared up to invest more in our
communities, our brand, and points of sale to unlock further growth
across the US. OVERVIEW: Responsible for participating in all work
related to receiving, storage, retrieval, and shipping of a variety
of materials and supplies as well as finished product.
- Unload cargo off incoming trucks or containers.
- Order picking, shrink wrapping, packing, scanning, labeling &
- Perform incoming goods inspection for damage and check delivery
packages versus BOL or manifest.
- Verify goods received versus customer's packing list.
- Put away incoming cargo to its intended locations.
- Split by destination stores.
- Verify transfers to Distribution Center on style, size, qty,
mismatch & damage.
- Count items in a specific location as specified by Inventory on
- Practice proper housekeeping practices.
- Conduct one's self in proper safety manner, including operation
of all equipment and alert management to any safety defects
- Load cargo onto outgoing trucks or containers. Interface with
client personnel regarding inventory, receipts, orders, and
delivery information. Key Partners
- Distribution Center
- Store Management
- Planning and Allocations Qualifications
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6 month previous experience in manufacturing or labor intensive
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced environment; experience
troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
- Must be willing and able to perform repetitive and physically
demanding tasks for extended periods of time (lifting, walking,
climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping, etc) with or without
- Must be able to pull and lift up to 60 lbs routinely with our
without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing to work in hot, humid, cold and noisy
- Able to work flexible schedules include evening, weekends and
overtime as required. Skills
- Acts with integrity; demonstrates responsible, ethical, and
- Problem resolution skills
- Motivates both self and others to accomplish important
- Communicates clearly and concisely with all audiences
- Maintains a positive attitude under demanding conditions
Cultural Success Factors
- Collaborative nature
- Skillful communicator
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Disciplined and self-motivated Note: Job descriptions are used
for informational purposes only, are not to be considered all
inclusive of responsibilities within a position and may change
periodically with or without notice. In addition, we reserve the
right to add, delete, change duties, formally or informally,
verbally or in writing, at any time for any position. Job
descriptions do not alter the at-will policy of the Company,
meaning that the employee or employer can terminate employment at
any time, for any reason, with or without cause. Snipes USA and all
its subsidiary Companies are equal opportunity employers. We will
not discriminate or make hiring decisions based on race, religion,
creed, color, national origin, sex, political affiliation, sexual
orientation, or any other criteria that would violate any Federal
or State laws.
Keywords: Posted, Philadelphia , Material Handler, Professions , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!