Company: UDR - Opening Doors to your future
Posted on: August 7, 2022
UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are seeking a Maintenance
Manager to join our team at Domus, our apartment community (#290
homes) located in Philadelphia, PA.
Do you thrive on crafting an amazing customer service experience
and providing satisfying solutions to customers? Do you want to a
"Care Hero" and it's your job to save the customer's day?
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Oversee the efforts of property in the
areas of inspection, maintenance, and repair. This position's time
is involved in leading, managing and completing routine, daily
tasks and projects. This position is responsible for ensuring the
physical aspects of each community meet the company's established
standards and any applicable laws. This is done for safety,
appearance, and operational efficiency reasons and must fall within
the budgeted financial goals. Facilitate the diagnosis of problems
and repair in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool,
carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural, and appliance.
Additionally, the Service Manager is responsible to schedule the
quick turnaround of vacated apartments for occupancy.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Sr. Service Manager
or District Service Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: May supervise up to (1) Service Apprentice,
Service Technician, and/or Painter.
- Manage and complete all resident service and maintenance
requests as required. Manage service requests and completion of
such including completing work orders as assigned and as
- Meet the service budget and manage the financial resources
necessary to accommodate current and future maintenance and repair
projects working within approved budget guidelines.
- Provide leadership with the service team as needed or directed
by the District Service Manager including interviewing,
orientation, training and provide feedback to the District Service
Manager on their performance.
- Lead, direct, and supervise the service team in their
day-to-day functions if applicable.
- Review and approve Kronos timekeeping records for the direct
reports at the community.
- Manage and schedule the service support necessary to maintain
the overall appearance, preventative maintenance, safety and
OSHA/legal requirements to ensure the safety of residents and
mitigate liability for the company.
- Manage execution of emergency repairs from within service team
or from third-party service vendor.
- Conduct periodic inspections to assess effectiveness of
policies and procedures and develop corrective action plans as
- Develop standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of
the community's grounds, amenities, building exteriors, market
ready unit interiors, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office,
central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common
areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of
- Manage, maintain, and report any amenity deficiencies to the
Resident Services Manager and/or Community Director, whoever is
designated as the property lead person.
- Manage vacant apartment turn schedules.
- Punch walks on all make-ready units as well as manage quality
assurance of all vendor turns.
- Utility management for vacant apartments to ensure energy
- Perform final walk for move-ins ensuring quality represents the
- Perform pre and post move out inspections, documenting and
taking/attaching photos of unit condition.
- Provide determination for interior vacant condition for items
to be replaced, such as carpet.
- Manage ROI installations to include administrative prep, vendor
- Conduct weekly lighting inspections throughout the community,
noting and resolving any issues per operational policy.
- Complete and or manage all community common area and resident
- Manage and oversee pest control for all units holding
third-party vendor accountable.
- Provide inspections to all fitness equipment to ensure safe
- Refrigerant (freon) usage and recovery log in compliance with
Risk Management guidelines.
- Manage pool logs for vendor compliance.
- Complete Cap Labor forms.
- Purchase supplies and equipment to maintain appropriate levels
of inventory working within the budget guideline and through Ops
- Monitor batteries for smart locks and proactively replace as
- Serve as point person for questions on programming of
controlled access areas within the community.
- Manage equipment warranties and required follow-up.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external
- On call rotation as required and needed.
- Hire and train new staff and develop staff to maximize
potential as needed based on supervisory status.
- Monitor staff performance to include performance and address
performance problems through corrective action and dismissal.
Assist direct reporting staff to address and resolve concerns or
complaints involving job duties and job descriptions, performance
standards, relations with coworkers, relations with supervisors and
managers as needed based on supervisory status.
- Approve time records and requests for time off as needed based
on supervisory status.
- Ensure leadership style creates a productive, motivated,
informed, inspired, engaged and goal-oriented team.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures related to
- Commit to Living the UDR Values each day in every action taken
when executing the essential functions of the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational and community
policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures
to solve everyday issues. Knowledge of an ability to follow proper
safety techniques in accordance with OSHA, HVAC, Company, and
community policies, procedures and standards to mitigate liability.
Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws.
Ability to proactively recognize and implement superior customer
service to internal and external customers. Must know and follow
the Fair Housing laws. Ability to examine and repair various types
of service equipment. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making
skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle
multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines. Ability and
willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and
Immediately repairs or delegates repair of all mechanical or
electrical equipment malfunctions, associate/resident/visitor
injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the appropriate
individual(s) and recommends/initiates appropriate corrective
Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work,
identifying the best people for the job. Ability to apply the
principles and practices of work leadership and management. Ability
to motivate the community team and manage their performance in
accordance with company policies, values, and business
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
or resolve resident, vendor and contractor issues. Ability to work
in conjunction with community management and associates. Must have
effective verbal and listening communication skills. The ability to
communicate information so others will understand.
Skilled in the use of the internet, spreadsheets, databases, and
word processing software. Ability to create, compose, and edit
Ability to use a computer, a smart phone, and enter service ticket
information into the service ticket system.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some bending, stooping and stretching.
Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry or maneuver weights up to
one hundred (100) pounds independently and two hundred and fifty
(250) pounds with assistance. Requires eye-hand coordination and
manual dexterity sufficient to operate tools and equipment. Sensory
capability to detect odors and hear sounds necessary to detect,
diagnose, and repair machinery. Requires normal range of eyesight.
Ability to physically access exterior and interior parts of the
community and amenities and be able to climb ladders and access
small crawlspaces. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is
an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to outside elements
where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be
unpleasant and/or hazardous. Flexible schedules with occasional
evening and regular weekend work. May be on rotation for "On
Education And Experience
- High School Diploma or its equivalent preferred.
- Technical or vocational certificate and/or degree
- Minimum of four years' experience in building and mechanical
maintenance including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair,
painting and drywall, and/or pool maintenance.
- Must be EPA Type II certified: Type III or Universal may be
required at some locations.
- Experience supervising associates is preferred.
- Certification in Chlorine, Fluorine, and Carbon (CFC) required
for diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining equipment required for
some properties and preferred for all properties.
- Some locations require certification in pool operation
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless
- The Company retains the discretion to add to or change duties
of position at any time.
Keywords: UDR - Opening Doors to your future, Philadelphia , Maintenance Manager, Professions , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!