Company: ASI Technologies, Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Title: Material HandlerReports to:
Traffic Manager Purpose of Position: Performs manual and clerical
duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing
and delivering a variety of materials, equipment and
supplies.Position Summary : To handle the movement of material
with-in the facility Examples of Duties:
- Counts, weighs or measures incoming or outgoing items to
compare identifying information and variety against bills of
lading, invoices, orders or other records; examines incoming
shipments for damage or shortages and corresponds with shipper to
rectify; completes paperwork or forms required for
- Determines method of shipment utilizing knowledge of shipping
procedures, routes and rates; prepares materials for shipping by
weighing, packaging and stamping; prepares necessary shipping forms
such as bills of lading.
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet
jacks, hand trucks or dollies to move stock or reorganize
- Participates in routing, counting and inspecting items while
loading and unloading trucks; delivers and returns items.
- Utilizes computerized or automated systems to accomplish
tasks.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of automated or computerized system operation.
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficient a plus
- Knowledge of record keeping practices.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Skill in lifting heavy packages and objects.
- Skill in operating forklift or other materials handling
- Skill in operating large vehicles in tight and congested
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.Minimum
Qualifications:One year of shipping/receiving experience; OR Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Some
positions may require certification in forklift operation.
Keywords: ASI Technologies, Inc, Philadelphia , Material Handler, Professions , Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!