Company: Samuels & Son Seafood Company
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Samuels and Son Seafood, the nation's leading purveyor of fresh
and frozen seafood has a unique and exciting opportunity for a
Transportation Dispatcher. . This position offers an opportunity to
work in a fast-paced, growth-focused culture, an opportunity for
continuous advancement within the organization and a competitive
compensation and benefits package.Key Responsibilities:
- Route all trucks
- Generates Daily Driver Schedule - Schedules staff to meet
workload requirements and reviews schedules to ensure adequate
coverage is in place
- Maintains Vacation Schedule for Transportation Department
- Monitors Driving Staff Uniforms
- Works with Logistics Manager following guidance and
- Utilizes the GPS system
- -Enters orders and processes invoices utilizing Unix
- Works closely with sales staff to ensure that customer
requirements are identified and met.
- Handles customer inquiries regarding deliveries and ETAs.
- Conducts ride along's with drivers and provides reports.
- Checks returning drivers/conducts driver audits. Monitors
- Works closely with the Logistics Manager to ensure department
is running in a professional and efficient manner.
- Provides Route Analysis, tweaks to create efficient routes
- Prepares Truck Load Analysis.
- Communicates with Shipping and Operations Manager to ensure
loading of routes and deadlines are met
- Ensures that the green route card is accurate and completed as
- Communicates with Office Manager when it comes to changes and
problems to keep the loading process moving in a timely
- Communicates with the Yard Jockey to ensure safe and expedient
change of trucks in bays to keep the process moving in a timely
manner. Safety protocol must be followed and enforced.
- Proactive in recommending changes to methods or procedures in
order to improve efficiency and timeliness of operation.
- Assist in monitoring schedules, breaks, lunches, attendance and
timeliness of personnel and take action when issues arise and
seeking counsel when necessary from appropriate managers.
- Ensure Company policies are being followed, including dress
- Warning reports for corrective action need to occur as well as
commendations for personnel who exceed expectations.
- Other duties, including operational as assigned.
Keywords: Samuels & Son Seafood Company, Philadelphia , Dispatcher, Professions , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!