Materials and Material Handler
Company: Kingsbury Inc
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Plan Your Future with Kingsbury! -Join us for an exciting
opportunity to have influence, in a stable, growing organization.
We currently are looking to add a full-time Materials and Material
Handler -to our team at our Northeast Philadelphia, PA facility. At
Kingsbury, we operate with a shared purpose of creating the best
product in our field while maintaining a healthy relationship with
work.Who We are:Kingsbury, Inc. was founded in 1912 and is the
leader in the design and manufacture of tilt-pad fluid film thrust
and journal bearings for all types of rotating machinery, with
thousands of installations worldwide. The Company is comprised of a
Corporate office (Philadelphia, PA), two (2) manufacturing
facilities (Philadelphia, PA and Oshkosh, WI) and two (2) repair
and service facilities (Philadelphia, PA and Yuba City, CA) located
in the United States. In addition, Kingsbury has one (1)
manufacturing facility located in G--ttingen Germany. - -Why work
- Company Paid Vision and Dental
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Proven record of promoting from within
- Competitive vacation for new hires
- Team Environment
- And many more reasons to come work with us! -Job
PurposeCompletes receiving and shipping administrative and
documentation requirements. Loads, unloads, and moves materials
within or near plant, yard, or work site, performing any
combination of following duties: Reads work order or follows oral
instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and
shelves. Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping,
bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated
area, using hand truck, electric/gas pallet truck, forklift,
cranes, or other devices. Secures lifting attachments to materials
and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or
hoist. Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials
moved or handled production sheet. Attaches identifying tags or
labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other
containers. Prepares and fabricates shipping containers. -As the
Materials and Material Handler, the team member will: -
- Document shipping and receiving requirements in accordance with
prescribed procedures and specification by manual processes and
information technology systems.
- Load, unload, and transport materials on-site and off-site to
and from designated storage areas, such as racks and shelves, or
vehicles, and trucks, and stages or moves material as needed for
production requirements in support of manufacturing.
- Secure lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to
destination, using crane or hoist. -
- Position receptacles, such as bins, carts, and containers, to
receive loads. -
- Fabricate wood, metal, or cardboard shipping containers as
- Read work orders or receives and listens to oral instructions
to determine work assignment. -
- Sort and store items according to specifications and
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or
strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported
or secured in storage or on machines.
- Attache identifying tags or marks information on containers,
skids, or workpieces.
- Record number of units handled and moved, using production
sheet or work tickets.Abilities and Other Skills
- Product Inspection - Inspecting and evaluating the quality of
products utilizing the latest inspection tools and techniques as
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems. -
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other
indicators to make sure a machine is working properly. -
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and
equipment needed to do a job -
- Troubleshooting - Determines cause of operation error and
decides what to do.
- Problem Identification - Identifying the nature of problems.
- Active Learning - Working with new material or information to
grasp its implications.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time. -
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents. -Required Education and
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. -Kingsbury, Inc. is proud
to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All
employment decisions are based on merit without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. We celebrate diversity and
are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: Kingsbury Inc, Philadelphia , Materials and Material Handler, Professions , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!