Inventory Control Analyst
Location: King Of Prussia
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Effectively provides inventory control support to the field
warehouse locations by understanding product flows, maintaining
accurate inventory levels, and providing analyses on inventory and
all related processes throughout the supply chain. This position
will be hands-on and as a result, may require travel up to 40% of
the time, especially at year-end.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited
to the following. The Company reserves the right to add to, delete,
change or modify the essential duties and responsibilities at any
time. All work is to be completed with minimum supervision and in
accordance with Company standards. Other duties may be
* Trains warehouse staff on cycle counts and full physical
inventories in accordance with company guidelines and reconciles to
the system on-hand quantities.
* Contributes to integration-related projects as business needs
* Develops improved inventory control reporting that delivers
timely data to allow for detailed monitoring of warehouse
* Monitors/tracks warehouse metrics affecting inventory to ensure
adherence to best practices. Includes (but is not limited to):
customer related issues, backordered items, open orders, receipt
variances, repacking discrepancies, customer returns (RMA's),
damaged/expired/obsolete inventory, inventory adjustments, and
transfer related issues.
* Provides feedback on sound inventory practices to warehouse
leadership, in relation to the findings while performing inventory
control functions and root cause analyses; performs site audits to
* Builds quality into the operation by identifying areas of
opportunity; this includes (but is not limited to) slotting/bin
changes, inventory moves, item data updates, inventory
configuration recommendations, and advancements to operational
processes/technologies; providing documentation in a standard
operating procedure (SOP) format where applicable.
* Maintains warehouse area in a clean, orderly and safe manner and
reports any corrective or preventive maintenance issues.
* Adheres to all company policies/procedures while paying special
attention to health and/or safety procedures.
* Maintains a flexible work schedule to include irregular hours,
weekend and holidays (especially during the last 2 months of the
year during the physical inventory counts).
* Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug.
* Interacts positively with customers in all segments of
* Will be required to act in a professional manner at all
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
* Inventory Management principles - in-depth knowledge of Standard
* Quality - demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; apply feedback
to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure it meets
* Quantity - meet productivity standards; complete work in a timely
manner; strive to increase productivity; have a positive effect on
all areas of the business.
* Ability to lead people and get results through others.
* Proficient at strategically planning ahead, both short and long
* Adept at prioritizing and managing multiple activities.
* Proficient in working independently.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
* Interpersonal/Communicative skills - speak clearly and
persuasively in all situations; listens and get clarification;
responds well to questions; participates in meetings; treats others
with respect; understands that change is a process and requires
working closely/effectively with field operations staff to drive
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from an accredited (4) four year
* (2) Two years related experience or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Experience in the petrochemical or large-scale distribution is
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Valid driver's license with up to 40% travel.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups or
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Experience working in an
ERP environment is required. Proficiency in key boarding skills is
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is
This is an office position but will have extensive exposure to the
field warehouse locations. The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must
regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: PetroChoice, Philadelphia , Inventory Control Analyst, Professions , King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!