Company: CEVA Logistics
Posted on: January 16, 2022
YOUR ROLEAre you known for your leadership skills? Are you
passionate about coordinating logistics activities? If so, we have
an opportunity that would allow you to oversee transportation and
customs processes, providing customer service for shipment, receipt
and documentation of imported/exported products in accordance with
federal and foreign regulations. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- Develop and provide excellent customer service to internal and
external customers at all times.
- Provide responsible supervision and control for all
departmental activities. Assist in the retention and training
efforts of staff and of customers. Conduct meetings with staff to
assess group's overall status, discuss ideas for improvement and
inform staff of new developments. Address all employee performance
problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel
- Oversee performance statistics. Review and monitor shipment
documentation for accuracy. Examine various documents including
invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements to ensure
compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the
shipment, receipt, and documentation of imported/exported
- Compute duties, tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume
of merchandise exported/imported to and from foreign destinations.
Communicate with customs officials as appropriate to obtain release
of incoming freight and resolve delays.
- Establish, monitor, and revise policies, procedures and service
standard for customs clearance operations as dictated and allowed
by applicable regulations. Ensure all policies and procedures are
- Identify areas of concern in clients' import and export
processes through monitoring of team performance against company
and client standards, regular audit of shipment documents and
accounting, and periodic client reviews.
- Communicate with operations manager regarding progress and
problems or issues. Maintain flexible work schedule include outside
normal business hours and after hours on call rotation.
- Effectively participate in and/or supervise department projects
related to assigned area of responsibility.
- WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED, Minimum
four years related experience. Minimum one year supervisory
experience; Bachelor's Degree in International Business, Logistics
or Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Finance or related
discipline preferred or equivalent combination of work experience
and education. Three years of industry experience preferred.
- Credentials: Working knowledge of ITAR, Import Brokerage,
Export Compliance, Hazmat Regulations and recordkeeping; Some
professional certifications may be required.
- Skills: Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet,
web-based and job specific software applications.
- Characteristics: Ability to allocate work assignments; Proven
experience in problem analysis, presentation of alternatives and
implementing solutions; Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
- With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to
grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits
package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive
Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits
platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse
range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including
important offerings like pet insurance.
- We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and
work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
- It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work
and commitment, so if you'd like to work for one of the top
Logistics providers in the world then let's work together to help
you find your new role.
- ABOUT TOMORROW
- We value your professional and personal growth. That's why we
share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA.
This role can be the first step on your career path with us. You
can stay in the same job family, find a new family to grow in (how
about sales or supply chain?) or find your own path. Join CEVA for
a challenging and rewarding career.
Keywords: CEVA Logistics, Philadelphia , Operations Supervisor, Professions , Swedesboro, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!