Stocker - Receiving
Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Position Title: Stocker - Receiving
Supervisor:Receiving Manager, Assistant Receiving Manager and
Position Summary:The Stocker is responsible for ensuring all
products are delivered to their assigned department or area The
Stocker may also pack out and stock merchandise to ensure
continuous availability for customers.In addition, they must ensure
that all customers that they encounter are greeted and assisted in
a friendly manner. It is also the employee's responsibility to
service any customers that may require assistance selecting and
retrieving products from the shelves.
- Removes pallets from delivery trucks with the use of scooter or
- Stages the pallets and merchandise so that the supervisor can
perform the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations
- Breaks down vendor pallets and separates products for different
- Secures product on pallets by properly stocking merchandise and
securing them with wrap
- Completes block tags with item number and date of delivery and
attaches the block tag to the pallets to ensure proper
identification and rotation.
- Moves pallets to designated departments
- Keeps work area safe by promptly handling any spills and
removing and properly disposing of any trash such as plastic wrap,
plastic ties, pieces of wood or any other debris.
- Performs required safety checks of equipment before use.
- Informs supervisor of any safety concerns.
- Provides basic maintenance to equipment such as charging the
- Provides prompt, courteous and friendly customer service.
- Assist customers with loading and off-loading of product as
- Assists customers with product location and detailed
information when needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and
- Must wear steel toe boots
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift strength (0"- 60") - 50 lbs
- Overhead lift strength - 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50' or less) - 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry (> 12x/hour) - 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry (> 30x/hr) - 20 lbs
- Horizontal push/pull strength - 500 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
- Finger dexterity - 80-100%
- Manual dexterity - 80 - 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
- Stand/walk - constantly
- Reach above shoulder level - occasionally
- Twist/turn head - constantly
- Bend over/stoop - frequently
- Climb steps/ladder - occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionally
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Basic Math skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to provide superior Customer Service.
- Familiarity of departmental products.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work overtime as
- Commitment to company values and strong customer
- For the most part the ambient depend on temperature outside, as
receiving doors are kept mostly open. May need to enter cold areas
when receiving product for the Deli, Produce, or Meat
- There will be industrial vehicles (forklifts, HiLo) moving
material throughout the warehouse.
Acknowledgement:I fully understand the responsibilities and
qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am
capable of performing the required functions.
Benefits: 100% Company Paid Medical/Dental Plan and Annuity
Brand: Restaurant Depot
Address: 700 Pattison Ave Philadelphia, PA - 19148
Property Description: 116 - PHILADELPHIA (Jetro)
Property Number: 116
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Philadelphia , Stocker - Receiving, Professions , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!