IT Business Analyst
Company: Pilot Freight Services
Location: Glen Mills
Posted on: September 17, 2020
IT Business Analyst
The Business Analyst, under the direction of the Director, Project
Management Office, will work as a liaison among stakeholders in
order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for
changes to business processes, policies and information systems for
a major software implementation.
- Utilizes industry best practices in the areas of data
gathering, business process analysis and re-engineering,
communications and change management.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates business processes, systems,
and user needs.
- Develops and validates current business processes,
understanding where those cross-impact other business areas, data,
- Collect and analyze the project s business requirements and
transfer the same knowledge to the development team.
- Conducts stakeholder interviews at all levels of the
organization gathering information to ascertain current business
processes, risks and integration touch points.
- Communicates data gathering findings and
- Understands business needs, including how data is used and
managed across different functional areas to provide unified,
consistent data solutions.
- Participate in the planning and execution of QA/UAT testing of
applications as needed.
- Measure project performance using project management systems,
tools, and techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including
demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with all levels of
- Analytical skills to critically evaluate the information
gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflict, decompose
high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level
information to a more general understanding, distinguish solution
ideas from requirements, and to distinguish user requests from
- Organizational skills to work with the vast array of
information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to manage
rapidly changing information.
- Interpersonal skills to help negotiate priorities and to
resolve conflicts among project stakeholders.
- Technical skills to include the use of project management
tools, database management and communication software.
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Computer Information Systems,
Business Administrations or a related field. Master s Degree
- Project Management Institute Certification is preferred.
- Transportation and Logistics experience required.
- Minimum of Five (5) plus years of business analysis experience
working in a software development environment.
- Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise
software products are positioned and developed.
- Experience with Software Implementation Projects is
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related
Bachelors or better in Information Technology or related field.
5 years: Transportation and Logistics Industry experience
Keywords: Pilot Freight Services, Philadelphia , IT Business Analyst, Professions , Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!