Full-Time Seasonal Warehouse Associate
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Company Overview Where: Burlington, NJ (1100 John Galt Way) Type:
Seasonal Full-Time Wage: $13.50/hour and up based on experience
Work Schedule: 1:00pm-finish, with overtime as needed. Associates
may sometimes come in 1-2 hours early based upon business needs. HD
Supply, o ur mission is to build our cities and keep them running.
Our Warehouse Associates connect our customers with the goods they
need to make this happen. HD Supply is an Essential Business
Service: As an "essential business service" HD Supply remains
operational in all locations. We are adhering to all social
distancing guidance to the maximum extent possible in all areas,
including deliveries. To learn more about what COVID-19 safety
precautions are being taken by HD Supply to protect associates,
visit our FAQ page here: https://hdsupply.jobs/faqs/ In this job,
you may do things like:
- Operate machinery while following company procedures to select,
move, or transport product throughout the warehouse
- Use a Voice Pick headset technology to select orders and
confirm product locations and quantities
- Unload and sort packages from trailers or conveyor belts
- Effectively stack or palletize product and shrink-wrap pallets
prior to shipment
- Stock and replenish product throughout the warehouse
- Use an RF scanner to identify proper product locations
- Assist other areas of the warehouse with achieving production
(lines per hour) goals, as needed Do you have what it takes to work
for HD Supply? If you meet the qualifications below, the answer is
- Are you currently 18 years of age or older?
- Are you able to pass a drug test?
- Are you open to working in an environment with regular exposure
to temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and
- Are you able to lift and carry up to 50+ pounds in a
physical environment and can stand for periods of time and make
- Are you able to read and speak English (required for Voice
Picking and Safety Purposes)?
- Do you have 6 months warehouse experience or are you willing to
learn? What will give you an edge:
- Experience operating forklifts, cherry pickers, or similar
- Experience working in a fast paced, productivity-driven
- Experience with SAP or other Warehouse Inventory Management
- Experience with computers Some perks of this job include:
- Monday - Friday schedules
- Physically active work: no gym membership needed
- Bi-weekly pay with direct deposit and pay card
- Great career and personal growth opportunities within our $6
billion (and growing) company Learn more about HD Supply and what
our associates say about working here: Job Description &
Qualifications Job Summary Responsible for specialized warehouse
tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns,
forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role
working in all departments. This is a temporary role that supports
cyclical or peak business periods only. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking,
stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area,
such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such
as lumber, boards, or pallets
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or
strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product
in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and
procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and
products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials
to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in
order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- No travel required. Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
Details **EG PRID PRID143 Job Locations US-NJ-Burlington Posted
Date 4 weeks ago (8/18/2020 4:04 PM) Job ID 2020-39117 Business
Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional Area Warehouse Remote
Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting Location : Postal Code
08016 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals
with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action
Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified
candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or
any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Philadelphia , Full-Time Seasonal Warehouse Associate, Professions , Burlington, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!