SAP Senior FI Consultant Indirect Tax
Posted on: February 16, 2020
As an SAP Senior FI Consultant, Indirect Tax, you will be
responsible for the product domain Indirect Tax specifically for
North America and Latin America. This will span from project work,
global indirect tax enhancements and resolving Business As Usual
(BAU) issues. The expectation for this individual is to build
excellent stakeholder relationships within this region and be hands
on within the delivery of projects, enhancements and BAU
The Senior SAP FI Consultant is recognized as the go to SME for
their product, working collaboratively and adaptively to constantly
meet the needs of their customers and deliver value to GSK.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities
to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the
- Demand management: Collaborate with business stakeholders to
manage and prioritize the product backlog to produce the product
set with the highest business value. Champion backlog
prioritization, iteration planning working with the North and Latin
America tax teams.
- Governance: Establish business value, manage delivery, service
performance and manage business risk within the scope of their
product domain. They would also be responsible for representing the
product set in governance boards such as Steering and Design
- Product/Project Delivery: Design and deliver the optimal set of
products and services which meets the business strategy and
requirements. Planning and owning the execution of the product
roadmap, associated with the scope of their product set. The
incumbent will complete hands on configuration, providing detailed
designs and wider impact assessments. The ability to think big
picture and customer first is imperative.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Responsible for ensuring all
products within the domain are compliant with internal security and
risk management policies and practices, as well as external
regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX
- Service Management: Responsible for ensuring any changes are
delivered in accordance to the services levels that are in place,
partnering with the Operations team to ensure adherence to those
SLAs, and directly managing any Level 3 support issues and
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to
achieve our goals:
- 7-10 years relevantexperience in a major global Tech
organization as SAP FI consultant/senior consultant
- Track record in successful solution design, Programme and
product delivery and service management
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Hands-on experience of implementing SAP Indirect Taxation
across North America and Latin America as well as the integration
with Sales and Distribution, Materials Management and SAP General
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience of vendor management Tech/BPO outsourcing. This role
will require working with third parties such as Vertex and Thompson
- Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and
- Excellent ability to work individually as well as across
- Deep content knowledge of respective functional area (business
operating models, processes & products). This must include a
breadth of experience across the following areas:
- Experience of configuring external tax engines such as Vertex
and reporting solutions such as Thompson Reuters MasterSAF.
- Hands on configuration of Note Fiscal (Brazil),
Padrones/Perception Tax (Argentina)
- Commercial Awareness: Excellent understanding of how indirect
tax policies are evolving in the broader external ecosystem within
North and Latin America.
- Excellent ability to work across functions and cultures to
deliver changes. The individual will need to work with support
centers within Costa Rica, Kuala Lumpur and India to delivery BAU
- Excellent ability to translate business requirements into
technical specifications / system requirements, ability to
configure, test and deploy the changes within the SAP system.
- Excellent ability to understand the unique nature of delivering
on a single ERP instance and the ability to articulate any cross
functional impact of tax changes on other areas of the system.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and
form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along
with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK
focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation,
performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate
the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and
applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming
challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Implementing
change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills
and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative,
motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing
trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a
job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547
(US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information,
military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other
federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or
employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this
site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact
GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department
to obtain prior written authorization before referring any
candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is
a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between
the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such
written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the
employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed
without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall
therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or
any fees arising from any referrals by employment
businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional
or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state
issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report
expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded
an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers
of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and
state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please
visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Keywords: GSK, Philadelphia , SAP Senior FI Consultant Indirect Tax, Professions , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!