Company: Children's Hospital Of Philadelphia
Posted on: November 11, 2019
1300 MKT - Wanamaker Building?Req ID:?29048Shift: AnyEmployment
Status:?AF - Active - Regular - Full Time?Job SummaryThis position
requires professional phone skills, independent thinking and
advanced scheduling/registration techniques.? The Access Services
Specialist will plan, coordinate, schedule and register outpatient
appointments and procedures to optimize patient flow for designated
area of responsibility.? Appointments will be scheduled in an
efficient and timely manner by answering telephone calls on the ACD
line, screening calls and taking messages.? The scheduling duties
will involve coordinating and scheduling outpatient appointments as
well as procedures (depending on the the scheduling area).?
Registration duties will involve verifying and updating patient
demographics, referring physician and insurance information.? Other
responsibilities include verifying insurance eligibility as well as
providing co-payment/payment requirements.Job Responsibilities
- Support and provide superior service via phones, email and
faxes as a receiver and caller, while maintaining department
quality and production standards.
- 95% accuracy rate on all incoming and outgoing calls, emails
- 95% accuracy rate on all registration fields
- Total of 7.0 productive hours as evidenced in the combined
total of Average Skill Set Talk Time,?? Average Wait Time, and Call
- Consistently contribute to team goal of answering 90% of
incoming calls within 30 seconds
- Takes a minimum of 60 incoming calls per 8 hour shift
- Follows guidelines of schedule adherence?Coordinate and
schedule patient appointments according to department?s policies
and procedures, in a timely and effective manner.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of appointment templates for
- Understands complexities of division and displays excellent
customer service when working with internal customers.
- Consistently offers wait list as an option when appropriate and
utilizes wait list to fill appointment slots. ?Obtains all
necessary appointment information and assures patients are
scheduled appropriately for evaluation and/or testing, checking
with clinical staff when necessary for guidance.
- Understands and displays competency on Passport, Navinet and
Uniter Community Health Systems
- Secures the financial integrity of each account to maximize
- Gathers and updates all patient information and completes a
- Refers patients to financial counselor if they are self pay or
need further financial counseling. ?Conducts a structured, focused
interview with the patient, referring M.D. or referring PCP to
gather information regarding the identified patient.
- Demonstrates solid customer service skills.
- Consistently demonstrates the CHOP values in working with
- Obtain and document referrals, authorizations and
- Ensures standard opening and close of call is consistent with
department guidelines. ?Follows hospital and department procedures
- Attends mandatory staff meetings.
- Participates and contributes to team projects.
- Works collaboratively with team members to meet team goals.Job
Responsibilities (Continued)Job Responsibilities
(Continued)Required Licenses, Certifications,
RegistrationsNoneRequired Education and Experience
- High school diploma required.
- 3 years of related experience required.
- Strong customer service experience required. Preferred
Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Background in medical terminology preferred.
- Medical Insurance background preferred.
- Call Center experience preferred.?Additional Technical
RequirementsAll CHOP employees who work in a patient building or
who provide patient care are required to receive an annual
influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious
exemption.Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to
providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family
members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal,
employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for
positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is
contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use
tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine
screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).Children's Hospital of
Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin,
disability or protected veteran status.VEVRAA Federal
Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans.?
Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or
questions.CHOP Careers Contact?Talent Acquisition2716 South Street,
6th FloorPhiladelphia, PA 19146?Phone:
Keywords: Children's Hospital Of Philadelphia, Philadelphia , Access Scheduler, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!