Carvel Relief Route Sales Representative (Philadelphia, PA)
Company: Rich Products Corporation
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Rich?s has been able to pull off something rare in the business
world: a culture that successfully blends the latest business
practices with family values.? That means our associates are able
to work for a great company while also benefiting from a work
environment that fosters world class professionalism combined with
family intimacy.? Our benefit offerings are reflective of this
unique blend of Life, Work and Family .PURPOSE STATEMENTAs a Carvel
RSR, you will be fully responsible for the direct store delivery of
quality products to our supermarket accounts.-- This includes all
aspects of store and customer service, product handling and
transportation, merchandising, and communication.-- Key goals
include sales volume, as measured on a per-store average basis, as
well as overall sales in the market area, and customer (account)
service and retention.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/OUTCOMESSales and
- Sells all products into all accounts, as appropriate, and
accurately implements Carvel pricing strategies, including
- Sells the Carvel program to new accounts, planning the work
schedule to include calls on potential distribution outlets.
- Builds and maintains positive, productive relationships with
supermarket operations personnel, resolving product or service
problems promptly and ensuring excellent customer relations.
- Executes merchandising standards and objectives at specific
accounts.-- Increases impulse sales through point-of-sale
promotions and special displays.
- Maintains an accurate record of all transactions using
hand-held computer units.
- Performs preventive maintenance on supermarket freezers.
- Monitors competition by gathering information on other
products, prices, positioning, delivery schedules, merchandising
techniques, point of sale promotion materials.-- Recommends changes
in products, services, and policies to District Sales
Manager.--Product Handling and Transportation
- Manages and accurately tracks inventory of product on delivery
truck.-- Works with Production Facility personnel to resolve any
- Ensures safety by completing pre-trip safety and maintenance
inspections, and maintaining truck as required, completing
preventive maintenance, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment
supplies, and evaluating new equipment and processes.
- Loads and unloads product from delivery truck, handling product
carefully to ensure continued product and packaging quality.
- Properly rotates product in the supermarket Carvel
- Maintains supermarket Carvel freezers in a clean and neat
manner, ensuring than Carvel products and packaging are fresh,
clean and attractive.--Communication and Teamwork
- Maintains regular communication with appropriate Manufacturing
personnel and ensures an effective partnership between the Sales
and Manufacturing organizations.
- Working with District Sales Manager, uses sales data and
account information to accurately forecast sales, and provides this
information to Manufacturing in a timely manner so that production
outputs meet sales requirements.
- Maintains accurate records by completing appropriate product
ordering paperwork, inventory forms, sales tickets, credit tickets,
route book and truck inspection forms.-- Ensures that records are
communicated as appropriate to Carvel management, headquarters
field support, and manufacturing
- Experienced (2+ years) in Direct Store Delivery sales
- Prefer valid CDL class B License (Must obtain CDL class B
License within 30 days of employment) and a clean driving
- Physically able to perform the job:----extended standing,
driving are required;----push/pull up to 50 pounds: required on a
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and use sound judgment
in day-to-day decision making.
- Punctual and reliable in their work attendance.
- Professional, courteous, reliable, and mature, with outstanding
organizational and communication skills.
- Flexible and able to work with others as a team.
- Possess solid general computer, math, and analysis skills.
- 21 years or older
- High school diploma or GEDRich Products Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates (?Rich?s?), are committed to a policy
of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against
an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion,
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental
disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally
recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The
information collected by this application is solely to determine
suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain
employment statistics on applicants.?Applicants with disabilities
may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans
with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable
accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which
will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue
hardship on Rich?s. Please contact Rich?s Human Resources
department if you need assistance completing this application or to
otherwise participate in the application process.
Keywords: Rich Products Corporation, Philadelphia , Carvel Relief Route Sales Representative (Philadelphia, PA), Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!