Registered Resp Therapist - Per Diem
Company: Children's Hospital Of Philadelphia
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Req ID:?24623Shift: RotatingEmployment Status:?AX - Active - Per
Diem?Job SummaryThe Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
practices at the level of a clinically competent to proficient
practitioner of respiratory care. The RRT at this level
demonstrates competence in caring for patients with emergency,
acute, and intensive care needs with minimal guidance.The RRT
demonstrates clinical leadership skills through contribution to
standards of care and department goals. They serves as a role model
for other staff, a preceptor for new employees and participates in
endeavors to increase respiratory care knowledge. The RRT works
under the direction of ordering physician/clinician, established
organizational policies and procedures, and the American
Association of Respiratory Care Clinical Practices Guidelines.? We
may be filling multiple positions..Job ResponsibilitiesPractice:
Provides proficient care for patients and families using a holistic
- ?Documentation reflects outcomes and appropriate revision of
patient care provided and utilizes current hospital standards,
policy and procedures.
- ?Develops new problem-solving approaches, compares one whole
situation with another rather than relying on rational calculation,
and can take risks because he/she is no longer preoccupied with
- Ability to recognize family needs related to child?s
- ?Recognizes impact of self in therapeutic relationships.
- ?Able to organize and prioritize based on the changing
situations rather than by predetermined goals.
- ?Able to read situations and set priorities.
- ?Analyzes, interprets, and prioritizes data in order to provide
individualized care based upon complex clinical judgment.
- Differentiates between therapeutic and non-therapeutic
relationships and establishes therapeutic boundaries.
- Incorporates diverse family system needs and methods of coping
into treatment plan.Job Responsibilities
(Continued)Professionalism/Leadership: Demonstrates proficiency in
- Role models appearance and behaviors that promote a positive
image of Respiratory Care.?
- Interacts with parents/patients and colleagues with respect and
- Spend the ?extra time? with families listening for avenues to
improve on the ideal patient experience and anticipate
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact on the team
therefore role models: arriving to work on time; ready to start the
shift; predicts challenges and obstacles and plans for how to
minimize a negative impact on the patient and family
- ?Provides an accurate patient status report to members of the
team that reflects respiratory interventions, patient outcomes and
alterations to plan of care.?
- Actively participate in patient care rounds and can make
recommendations to the plan of care.?
- Chairs and/or participates in unit/departmental shared
- Seeks evaluation of self from peers and clinically advanced
professionals to improve professional practice.?
- Continuously evaluates the outcomes of patient care and own
- Acts as a preceptor for novice/beginner therapists.
- ? Participates in interdisciplinary committees/projects/task
- ? Motivates others to incorporate respiratory care standards in
his/her daily practice.
- Identifies and coordinates resources to impact patient
- Works to improve respiratory care practice, and the outcome of
patient care, through achieving department based goals.?
- Identifies teaching/learning needs for clinical area and is an
active teacher for patients, families, and staff.Job
Responsibilities (Continued)Research: Incorporates research into
- Actively seeks out and uses research findings from various
- Participates in efforts to apply research findings to improve
- Assists with data collection in research studies being
conducted by the department.?
- Reads and evaluates current research having implications for
- Modifies own practice based on research and quality improvement
- Demonstrates an understanding of and participates in research
and/or quality improvement activities.?
- Evaluates clinical practice to identify problems for potential
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of research
and/or quality improvement activities.?Learning: Initiates the
development of professional and educational activities.?
- Examines successes and failures to improve performance.?
- Maintains a blame free environment.?
- Identify own learning needs and seeks out opportunity to?
- attends all required organizational and departmental
- Applies education and training from internal and external
programs to daily work to enhance personal respiratory knowledge
- ?Establishes and maintains active membership in a professional
- Participates in the development of policy and procedures.?
- Shares, in a formal manner, relevant information gained from
professional seminars or conferences.?
- Identifies area of educational needs among peers and other
health care workers and develops, presents, and evaluates programs
to meet those needs.
- ?Attends internal education programs to meet identified
learning needs and personal/professional goals. (i.e. annual
competencies, skills fair.)
- Demonstrates health care informatics competency in order to
manage patient care, outcome data and current and emerging health
care technology, which includes:?-?Basic computer competency,
including the effective use of patient care devices, computers,
computer software programs such as e-mail and word processing
programs, and shared network file space.?- Information literacy,
including the effective use of the Intranet and Internet to find
electronic resources for patient care, respiratory practice and
evidence-based decision-making;?- Information management skills,
including the effective use of the electronic health record and
clinical information systems, the ability to collect clinical data
using quality tools and the ability to discuss, evaluate and
analyze outcome data presented in charts and tables.?Resource
Management: Is able to teach others the appropriate utilization of
financial resources and makes recommendations.?
- Develops systems that promote quality, efficient and cost
- ?Monitors department usage of supplies and equipment, solicits,
and implements systems for improvement to minimize waste and/or
misuse of patient supplies.
- ?Addresses issues and identifies opportunities for enhanced
- Manages own time to accomplish direct/indirect care in a cost
efficient manner.Required Licenses, Certifications,
RegistrationsBLS - Basic Life SupportRRT - Regist Resp Therapist
CertPA Respiratory Care LicenseCRT - Certified Resp TherapistNPS (2
years)Required Education and ExperienceRequired Education:
Associate?s degree is required with a certificate of completion in
respiratory care from an approved respiratory care program.
According to the CMS (Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services) a
copy of diploma or transcript is required as proof of academic
achievement for all non-laboratory personnel performing non-waived
POC testing.?Required Experience:?6 months prior respiratory care
experience.Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/LicPreferred
Education: Bachelor?s DegreePreferred
Licenses/certificates/registrations: Current Pediatric Advanced
Life Support,Neonatal Resuscitation Program or Advanced Cardiac
Life Support certification recommended.Additional Technical
RequirementsInformatics competencies for respiratory
- ?Basic use of a computers (e.g. mouse, keyboard, printer, USB
ports), fax machines
- ?Basic use of MS Office Suite
- ?Use of MS Outlook email, opening attachments, attaching files
to emails, and saving attached files to computer.
- ?Use of shared network file space.
- ?Basic use of patient care devices. (e.g. point of care
devices, CR monitors)
- ?Navigation and use of Clinical communication systems?
- ?Nurse Call system
- ?Ascom?Information Literacy
- ?Use of Internet and Intranet to look up basic electronic
resources for practice
- ?Ability to find and print Patient Family Education
- ?Ability to find and navigate the Department of Respiratory
Care website and related linked CHOP resource sites
- Ability to perform a literature search on the Internet and
ability to find professional journal and/or research based
- ?Ability to evaluate Internet sites for reliability?Information
- ?Navigation of electronic health records.
- ?Ability to locate and review specific patient data in clinical
information systems and the electronic health record.
- ?Understanding of policies and procedures around timeliness of
care, use of a clinical information system, and support of safe
practice. (e.g. use of clinical pathways.)?
- Ability to collect clinical data using quality improvement
tools (e.g. hand hygiene).
- ?Understanding confidentiality and privacy regulations when
using a patient electronic health record.?
- Coordination of patient care information in a patient care
record that utilizes multiple systems.All CHOP employees who work
in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to
receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a
medical or religious exemption.Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its
patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to
achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of
Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled
hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job
applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and
a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job
offer).Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion,
national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran
status.VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for
protected veterans.? Please contact our hiring official with any
referrals or questions.CHOP Careers Contact?Talent Acquisition2716
South Street, 6th FloorPhiladelphia, PA 19146?Phone:
Keywords: Children's Hospital Of Philadelphia, Philadelphia , Registered Resp Therapist - Per Diem, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!