Company: CareLink Community Support Services
Posted on: August 17, 2019
CareLink Community Support Services has current openings for
Residential Counselors at our Providence Road location in
Wallingford, PA. Employee benefits for all full time positions (30
hours or more/week) include medical, dental, tuition reimbursement,
403(b), paid time off, and paid holidays. In addition, we provide
long term disability coverage, employee assistance program, basic
life insurance, and basic AD&D coverage at no cost to
employees. Voluntary, employee paid, benefit plans including short
term disability, supplemental life insurance and AD&D, critical
illness and accident coverage are also available.
For over 60 years, CareLink Community Support Services has been
dedicated to helping people with disabilities to live in the
community with dignity and independence. Our rehabilitation
services and professional staff provide the supports that people
with serious mental illness, physical disabilities and other
developmental challenges need to be active, productive members of
The Residential Counselor position is responsible for promoting
recovery, wellness, and self-determination for individuals
participating in services by implementing, supporting, and
documenting activities that promote recovery.
This position is responsible for supporting community integration.
The goal of this position is to promote the pursuit of independence
for all individuals participating in service. The essential
functions are established based upon the agency mission, values,
- PRN: On-call as needed
- High School diploma or General Equivalency diploma or Certified
Nursing Assistant license required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and experience
working in human services preferred.
- RPRP/CPRP certification preferred.
- Certified Peer Specialist preferred;
- Motivation, interest and ability to work empathetically with
people with disabilities using methods of recovery principles;
- Ability to work independently;
- Must be able to write and speak English in an understandable
- Ability to communicate in a supportive and teaching manner;
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to take direction;
- Ability to prepare meals, perform general housekeeping and
- Valid state driver's license required;
- Willingness to drive agency vehicle as required;
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Participate in the development and implementation of
service/recovery plans reflecting the individual's preferences,
goals, lifestyles, and interests.
- Assess, teach, evaluate, and supervise individual's skills in
the areas of daily living, meal planning, housekeeping, career
needs, and social, recreational, and community activities.
- Complete written documentation daily that reflects the
individual's recovery and progress on their goals as well as staff
- Assist and oversee individuals with medication regimen
including PRN medications.
- Consistently engages in productive/therapeutic activities.
- Encourage and support individuals in developing positive
relationships with family and significant others.
- Assist individuals through modeling, verbal teaching, and/or
direct assistance with maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of
their individual rooms and their residence.
- Assist or prepare various foods for individual meals as
- Ensure that any and all dietary considerations are followed.
Food shopping must be completed and dietary preferences/concerns
will need to be considered.
- Locate and access community medical resources for individual
needs as applicable and as instructed.
- Take regular responsibility in shift activities, including but
not limited to site trash removal, changing linens, making beds,
cleaning bathrooms, cleaning common areas which include but are not
limited to the living room, kitchen, foyer, dining area, and
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, including assisting with
maintenance of the kitchen, common areas, linen closets, medication
storage areas, and staff office.
- Use appropriate communication channels.
- Respond appropriately to safety/emergency situations.
- Drive agency vehicles in a safe manner following the applicable
traffic laws for purposes of supporting individuals and/or the
- Lifting is required. Ability to lift at least a minimum of
twenty (20) pounds;
- Ability to physically assist individuals in personal care;
- Ability to perform common household cleaning activities that
involve: consistent standing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling,
- Ability to drive agency vehicle;
- Ability to shovel snow off of walk-ways, sidewalks, and porches
Please visit our website to view all open positions and to apply
CareLink Community Support Services is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not practice or permit discrimination in
employment on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin,
age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual
orientation or gender identity.
Keywords: CareLink Community Support Services, Philadelphia , Residential Counselor, Other , Wallingford, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!