Before and After School Counselor
Company: Nobel Learning Communities
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Job Code: 9786Location: 717School Brand: Chesterbrook AcademyCity:
CollegevilleSchool State: PAChesterbrook Academy
The Before & After School Counselor implements creative and
engaging programs for students in a safe, nurturing environment.
This position participates collaboratively and professionally with
other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the
school, and collective/individual interest of the staff and student
- Serve as a Group Leader showing enthusiasm in actions and
spirit while implementing lesson plans provided by the school.
- Lead and participate in a variety of activities that actively
engage students, such as games, songs, sports, skits, and special
events and are aligned to the mission of the school.
- Supervise students at all times including transitions between
activities so students are accounted for, are safe at all times and
they know what is expected of them.
- Serve as a good example and role model to the students, and
maintain and appropriate level of professionalism at all
- Aide students in developing self-confidence and a positive
self-image by providing an environment of acceptance and support
for each student.
- Give directions both verbally and visually, when appropriate by
using correct grammar and a variation in voice and gestures.
- Provide time and attention equitably among all students while
circulating freely and spontaneously around the classroom.
- Actively greet parents each day upon drop-off and pick-up
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with the school child
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of each child in
- Keep the group of children together and take frequent face to
- Maintain a physical environment (indoors and outdoors) which is
safe, healthy, neat, attractive, clean, and appropriate for
students and is conducive to having fun.
- Always know where each child in the group is at all times. One
counselor should always be present to supervise the group; no
child/children should be left unsupervised.
- Ensure that all daily attendance records are accurate and up to
- Complete all records and forms timely, accurately, and neatly,
including daily sheets.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children, and
families as well as NLCI management and operations.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of
- Prior experience working with children between the ages of
Pre-K through 8th Grade.
- Must possess or be able to obtain certifications in CPR, First
Aid, and Advanced Lifesaving where applicable.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Genuine passion for and desire to work with children.
- Frequently speaking and listening (> 75%) to staff, children
and parents. Must be proficient in speaking, writing and reading
English to include reading and comprehending policies, and
procedures, writing incident reports, academic progress reports,
and curriculum in English.
- Frequently walking and standing (> 75%) and occasional
- Frequently working with arms above shoulder level and reaching
- Frequently bending, squatting, stooping, reaching, kneeling,
rising from the floor, twisting to interact with children (>
50%) [K-5th grade]; occasionally bending, squatting, stooping,
reaching, kneeling, rising from the floor, twisting to interact
with children (25-50%) [6th-8th grade].
- Occasionally using repetitive or fine hand movements
- Occasionally using computer keyboard and mouse (25-50%).
- Limited carrying and lifting 25-50 pounds (10-25%).
- Limited work on ladders, platforms or climbing stairs
- Limited operation of vehicles (10-25%).
- Limited overtime, as required by position.
- Environmental exposures: heat, cold, dusts, noise, chemicals,
moistness, dryness, blood borne pathogens, germs; occasional use of
gloves and safety glasses.
- Employee is regularly required to speak, hear and use clear
vision with or without correction.
- Must be able to travel by air, rail or motor vehicle to
required training and development.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to
Keywords: Nobel Learning Communities, Philadelphia , Before and After School Counselor, Other , Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!