Merchandise Lead- Food Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Posted on: April 18, 2019
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
16 states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you succeed.Merchandise LeadJob SummaryOversees
the stocking, rotation, and storage of general merchandise and/or
food in the club. Ensures that all merchandise is clearly labeled
and fully stocked. Supervises, trains, and coaches Stock Clerks on
club policies and procedures and best merchandising practices.Major
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Greets all Members. Provides Members with prompt and courteous
service and/or assistance. Assists Members in locating
- Oversees the stocking, rotation, and storage of general
merchandise and/or food. Ensures that all merchandise is fully
- Supervises, trains, and coaches Stock Clerks on merchandising
policies and procedures.
- Ensures that Stock Clerks assist in receiving and unloading
products. Verifies received shipments to ensure that all items are
- Maintains display signage for all products. Creates labels
and/or applies merchandise sales tags to items. Ensures all product
labels and price tags are clear and visible.
- Ensures the club is neat, clean, and organized. Performs
general housekeeping duties, including removing trash and cardboard
from the club.
- Handles damaged goods and spoiled products in accordance with
company policies and procedures.
- Participates in daily store openings and closings, including
returning merchandise back to the sales floor.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.Qualifications
- Previous supervisor experience preferred.
- Previous grocery/stock experience preferred.
- Big box/wholesale retail experience preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about continuously on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to frequently position oneself to
examine and/or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing,
crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and stooping.
- Continuously requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually in a comfortable environment surrounded by moving
machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in order
to be heard. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning
agents.BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal
employment opportunity for all qualified team members and
applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical
and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or
blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender
identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Philadelphia , Merchandise Lead- Food Job, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!