Manufacturing Process Operator
Company: First Quality Enterprises, Inc.
Location: King Of Prussia
Posted on: October 12, 2018
First Quality was founded in 1989 and, in nearly three?decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials and thermoformed plastics), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines. Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking experienced?Manufacturing Process Operators?for our?First Quality Retail Services?company located in?King of Prussia, PA.? This position will take personal responsibility to prevent accidents and injuries by observing established working rules, follow the directions of supervisors, practice the principles taught in safety training and provide ideas to further strengthen our program. Responsible for working in a safe manner to efficiently operate the machine, lead a team of members and maintain a safe work area. Consistently achieve established budgeted, productivity and waste objectives. Primary responsibilities include:
- Adheres to all Safe Work Practices (SWP) and organizational policies and procedures. Must abide by all safety requirements and attain safety goals.
- Perform job functions in a safe manner. Maintain housekeeping and identify safety issues to ensure a safe work environment.
- Must attend all required training.
- Maintains accurate records of production, quality and downtime.
- Responsible for training new team members on his/her team.
- Ensures quality standards and standardizations are met.
- Completes all process audits.
- Controls the operation of the machine including adjustments and minor repairs necessary to produce a quality product, which meets company process and product specifications.
- Loads and makes material splices on the machine.
- Communicates with the appropriate team members on any machine problems, material changes or quality conditions.
- Must participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensures daily housekeeping duties are completed.
- Maintains cleanliness of machine to include, but not limited to, emptying trash, sweeping area around machine and main aisle, wiping down machine exterior.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision, with self-directed work skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as necessary and must be able to work any shift, and stay on job until properly relieved. The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years? experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to pass all job-related tests.
- Must have previous high-speed production machinery experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills, computer skills, reasoning and mathematical skills.
- Must be willing to move to higher level career opportunities
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language and perform basic mathematical skills. Must be able to pass minimum required standard on all competency tests. Benefits include:
- Medical, Rx, vision and dental insurance with immediate eligibility upon date of hire
- Generous quarterly incentive and year-end bonus plans
- 401k with employer match
- Life and disability insurance plans
- Competitive wages and shift differential
- On-site cafeteria
- Self-advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive training programs
- Tuition reimbursement Excellent compensation and benefits, which are effective the first day of employment! E/O/E #CB
Keywords: First Quality Enterprises, Inc., Philadelphia , Manufacturing Process Operator, Other , King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!