Surety Underwriting Developent Program - Bilingual (Portuguese/Spanish)
Company: Liberty Mutual
Location: King Of Prussia
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Attention Finance, Economics, and Business Majors - The Finance Career you never knew existed is waiting for you!!!Liberty Mutual Surety is currently seeking ambitious, bilingual (Spanish), career-minded college graduates with a strong financial aptitude and outstanding people skills for our Class of 2018 Surety Underwriting Development Program. As an Associate Surety Underwriter in our King of Prussia, PA office working on our Specialty International Home Office Surety Team, you will apply your finance, project management and analytical abilities along with your passion of working with people and developing and managing strong customer relationships. Specifically, this position will work with our International Surety Underwriting organization, and will have exposure to our global underwriting operation and some of our largest and most complex accounts. This is a truly excellent opportunity to launch your finance career with an exciting top-2 industry leader, and be part of a growing Global Organization that embraces diversity and supports your ongoing learning through upward mobility and steady advancement opportunities. View more information about our Best-In-Class training program HERE. Who we are.Liberty Mutual Surety is a global operating division of Liberty Mutual Insurance, and is the 2nd largest and most admired Surety Company. We specialize in providing contract surety bonds for construction firms, manufacturers and suppliers, and commercial surety bonds for corporations and individuals on an account and transactional basis, and conduct business worldwide through fronting relationships and Liberty owned subsidiaries, with bonds issued in over 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our outstanding service to agents and customers throughout our field offices across the U.S., and in Mexico, Canada, Brazil, U.K., Italy, France, Germany, Hong Kong, and Australia. Why Consider a Career with Liberty Mutual Surety? One of the hallmarks of a top Surety is the people, and we understand the importance of building top talent starts at the grassroots level. Thats why we and have created an unparalleled 15+ month training programfocused on building future Surety leaders for our organization, and developing long-term careers within our industry.Our in-depth curriculum builds upon your academic success, and includes a broad combination of:
- Structured Mentoring programs
- Exposure to Executive and Senior Management
- On-the-job training
- Formal instruction
- Industry certification (Associate in Fidelity and Surety Bonding, or AFSB)
- Cutting-edge learning tools
- Job shadows and rotations across our niche product lines and business functions Through our collaborative social learning platform, you will build everlasting relationships with your peers nationwide that will last throughout your career. And to prepare for your specialized professional industry certification, you will participate in challenging case studies as a team and individually. Upon completion of the program, you will promote into a Surety Underwriter, and will be assigned a book of business within a defined territory, location, and product line, which may include an opportunity to relocate.2018 Open Opportunities We are currently hiring for our Class of 2018 in the following locations (May relocate upon completion of program and as indicated below):
- Chicago, IL (Must be willing to relocate upon completion of training program. Fluency in Spanish preferred)
- Dallas, TX (Must be willing to relocate upon completion of training program. Fluency in Spanish preferred)
- Duluth, GA (Must be willing to relocate upon completion of training program. Fluency in Spanish preferred)
- King of Prussia, PA (2 opportunities - one which includes fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese, 1 of which does not)
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Seattle, WA
- Syracuse, NYLearn more HERE about this exciting career opportunity!Responsibilities:
- Successfully complete the comprehensive Surety Underwriter Development Program consisting of one-on-one mentoring, self-study, classroom training, and on- the-job training. Partake in AFSB certification activities including coursework, case studies, self-study, and pass exams as required.
- Develop a working knowledge of key contract and commercial underwriting concepts as well as various internal and external factors which can impact the credit worthiness of a risk.
- Gain an understanding of how financial conditions, character, experience, legal components, and other factors can influence ultimate credit decisions and how to communicate these to internal and external customers.
- Develop analytical expertise necessary to assess financial solvency of credit risks such as financial statement analysis. Gain exposure and understanding of financial credit analysis, contract evaluation, and project risk assessment.
- Develop on-going relationships with internal and external customers, monitor profitability and quality of submissions, and keep up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes.
- Coordinate flows of financial data and analyses received from customers to/from Home Office, as directed.
- Monitor and if necessary, pursue the continuous flow of underwriting data on contract and/or commercial surety cases as directed.
- Gain experience with various internal systems to assist in analytical functions.
- Along with Underwriters and Bond Managers, attend meetings with agents/brokers, and with owners and/or key executives of construction companies and other major commercial industries.
- Develop a working understanding of the surety/agency relationship and how to consult and provide direction to agents/brokers.
- Gain experience and solid understanding of internal structure and business units, such as Home Office Underwriting, Claims, and Professional Advisory Services.
- Develop marketing skills and market the Company products to achieve company growth and profitability targets.
- Attend and participate in industry functions and events as appropriate to develop and build a strong surety network and increase visibility in the marketplace as well as increase knowledge.
- Perform special projects to build understanding of the surety business and support the business needs of the respective territory/market upon request.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or comparable with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. MUST INCLUDE GPA ON APPLICATON OR RESUME.
- Finance and Accounting coursework, with an understanding of how to read financial statements. Demonstrated technical competence in fundamental financial analysis.
- 0-2 years professional experience.
- Bi-lingual with fluency in Spanish (as indicated).
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
- Completion of key financial analysis and/or accounting courses highly preferred.
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability with a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills including ability to negotiate successfully. Able to develop relationships easily.
- Adapts easily to different cultures and communication styles. Values a diverse work environment.
- Eager to share ideas and commit to a career where growth is expected and team members are all valued.
- Prior internship experience is expected and preferred. Internship in a finance-related environment a plus. Part-time or summer work experience in a business environment is also ideal.
- Prior participation in one or more student or community activities or organizations preferred (Student clubs or organizations, volunteer work, etc)
- Achieved academic success preferred (Scholarship, Deans List, Honors Society, etc.)
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Willingness to potentially relocate upon completion of the trainee program required. (Candidates for Dallas, Duluth, and King of Prussia are expected to relocate)
- To be considered for an interview, applicants must have a minimum of 3.0 overall GPA and indicate on application or resume, or upload a recent transcript.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please click here.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-King Of Prussia
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (--16 years)
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Philadelphia, Surety Underwriting Developent Program - Bilingual (Portuguese/Spanish), Other, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!