Lecturer and Simulation Facilitator
Company: Widener University
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Widener University is currently seeking a Lecturer and Simulation
Facilitator who reports to the Director of the Center for
Simulation and provides support to the Assistant Director of the
Simulation Center. This role is responsible for providing clinical
instruction in a safe practice environment within the patient
simulation laboratories for students at the baccalaureate, master's
and post master's levels in the School of Nursing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Create effective student learning opportunities by developing,
implementing, and evaluating student outcomes of simulation
- Maintain clinical and simulation expertise through continuing
education and simulation certification;
- Participate in faculty governance activities;
- Assist with the daily operations including, but not limited to
simulation set-up, scheduling, documentation, communication, and
supply management. Set-up and maintain equipment.
- Evaluate student performance and achievement of simulation
objectives, and provide feedback to students and Course
- Engage in scholarly productivity through participation in
simulation- related research;
- Collaborate with course coordinators and implement a plan for
student clinical remediation;
- Participate in student recruitment and retention
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience
- Master's degree with a major in Nursing from a regionally
accredited institution and from nationally accredited School of
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, flexible, and superior
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with students,
support, and professional staff, and faculty.
- Ability to think critically to resolve problems or issues that
- Basic computer skills including sending/receiving emails;
researching topics via the web; attaching, sending and opening
documents; participation in chats; navigating Canvas platform.
- Knowledge of various simulation-based, technology
- Master's degree with a major in nursing.
- Prior simulation experience.
- Certification in simulation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Evening/weekend hours may be required as needed
Qualified candidates must submit resume, cover letter, and teaching
philosophy for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be
considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community
in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of
backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and
can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed
to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all
persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race,
religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected
Widener University requires all prospective employees to provide
proof of being fully vaccinated (including booster) against
COVID-19 prior to employment or apply and be approved for a
medical/religious exemption. Offers may be rescinded if new
employee does not provide proof of being fully vaccinated in a
Some positions may be eligible for a hybrid or remote work
arrangement that may include a partially or fully remote work
location, consistent with Widener's Flexible Work policy.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan,
doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues
through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship,
personal attention and experiential learning are key components of
the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main
campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with
Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more
information about the university, please visit our website at
Keywords: Widener University, Philadelphia , Lecturer and Simulation Facilitator, Other , Chester, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!