Company: Graduate Philadelphia
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: General Description The Postsecondary Navigator is
passionate about advising adult learners as they progress through
their academic journey, including pre-enrollment and admissions
through graduation. The Navigator will also support and guide
learners as they work towards completion of courses, professional
development opportunities, selected training, and
industry-recognized credentials. The Navigator will help motivate
adult learners to develop skills needed to be successful throughout
their careers including; navigating learning options, time
management, and study skills. The Navigator will help to determine
adult learners strengths, and ensure adult learners are working
towards careers that fit their talents and goals. The Postsecondary
Navigator will regularly communicate with individual advisees and
with their selected group of adult learners to advise them on the
college admission processes, financial aid options, and training
opportunities. The Navigator will also collaborate with external
connections, including college counselors and community based
organizations to provide adult learners with timely and relevant
information and resources. The Navigator will partner with college
and university representatives in gathering relevant adult learner
information and provide adult learners with best fit options for
their academic and learning success, based on researched
information. Duties and responsibilities Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Coach adult learners toward their college degree through
weekly, highly relational advising meetings, ongoing touch points,
and data monitoring through Salesforce and other data management
- Provide comprehensive support through individualized learning
plans that may include recommendations for tutoring, mentoring, and
instruction on study skills and time management.
- Provide assistance in providing adult learners with information
to address institutional back balances and federal adult learner
- Discuss career, professional development, and educational goals
with adult learners per Graduate Philadelphia's Career Integrated
Learner Advising model.
- Provide information about community and professional referrals
to wraparound services and appropriate programs.
- Monitor and document progress of assigned adult learners.
- Display an interest in adult learner development and
identifying adult learner strengths and weaknesses.
- Build rapport with adult learners and be an extra source of
support throughout the completion of their college, certificate,
certification, professional development, and/or training
- Represent the organization at virtual, hybrid, and in-person
events designed to support adult learners and partners.
- Assist to inform, develop and deliver programs and training for
adult learners, providers, and partners.
- Assist with outreach, community engagement, and communication
about Graduate Philadelphia and services provided.
- Strong working knowledge of identifying and addressing the
needs of diverse populations including returning citizens, justice
involved individuals, foreign-credentialed individuals, and a broad
range of nontraditional learners.
- Conducting presentations and workshops on advising related
- Other duties as assigned. Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma, required. Bachelor's degree,
- 1-2 years experience in Higher Education, Career Development,
Counseling, Non-Profit Management, Adult Learning, or related
- Familiarity with college admissions processes, financial aid,
and adult learner resources.
- Familiarity with vocational programs, apprenticeships,
internships, externships and service learning.
- Knowledge of coaching, instructional, adult learner advising
best practices, and mentoring techniques.
- Knowledge of career and education assessments and
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills,
and ability to develop strong relationships and effectively
communicate with both internal and external audiences.
- A desire to help adult learners succeed.
- Proven ability to work with diverse adult learner populations
and in addressing diverse adult learner needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with diverse
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at
- Bi-lingual - Spanish fluency preferred (recommended not
required) Working conditions
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions:
Activities occur inside and outside About Graduate Philadelphia
Graduate Philadelphia was the first program in the country to align
regional resources inside and outside of higher education
specifically to help adults, typically aged 24 years and older,
return to learning, obtain a credential, and advance in their
careers. Graduate Philadelphia helps non-traditional adult learners
earn a postsecondary credential and bridge the gap between
educational attainment, workforce progression, and living-wage
employment. Graduate Philadelphia is committed to advancing social
and economic mobility through academic, workforce, and community
engagement supported by strategic partnerships and key initiatives.
Graduate Philadelphia understood at its founding that education
remained society's greatest equalizer and that when paired with
workforce training, professional development, mentorship, and
wrap-around support services individuals, families, and households
could step firmly into the economic mainstream of society. To learn
more please visit our website at www.graduatephiladelphia.org
Interested candidates may contact
email@example.com for more information or
apply online here. Requirements: Physical requirements
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm
and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that
for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is
rated for Light Work.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word; those activities where detailed or important spoken
instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction, and having the ability to
receive detailed information through oral communication, and making
fine discriminations in sound.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for
sustained periods of time. PI200422450
Keywords: Graduate Philadelphia, Philadelphia , Postsecondary Navigator, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!