Chief Financial Officer
Company: Habitat for Humanity
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Chief Financial Officer
The CFO develops and oversees the financial management strategy for
Habitat for Humanity of Philadelphia to improve and maintain the
financial health of the organization. The individual is responsible
to formulate and ensure the execution of all related financial
strategies and compliance-related filings in accordance with
generally accepted nonprofit accounting principles and
As a member of the Leadership Team, the CFO is a critical leader in
the organization who provides a strategy for how financing and
funding can empower the expansion of Habitat PHL's mission. The CFO
leads, manages and is accountable for a team of three finance
professionals, the Director of Home Sales and the Director of
Restore. This individual seeks to ensure both team effectiveness
and professional development.
This leadership role requires outstanding financial management,
strong analytical and technical abilities and team-building skills.
The CFO is a strong communicator with the capacity to convey
financial health and forecast to diverse audiences including Board
of Directors, colleagues as well as outside vendors including
auditors, bank representatives and other service providers.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Demonstrate proven ability in developing models and conducting
analyses that identify critical trends, support strategic decision
making and create forward visibility.
- Lead, manage and foster accountability with the Finance Team,
Director of Home Sales and Director of ReStore.
- Manage cash flow accurately, anticipating trends on forecasted
results. Report the current and forecasted financial position of
the organization to the CEO, Finance Committee, and the Board of
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording of all financial
transactions in partnership with the Finance Team (review budget to
actual variations and determine the impact on forecasts).
- Develop and execute financing strategies including, but not
limited to: mortgage sales, securitizations, new market tax
credits, lines of credit, construction financing, and home sales
- Lead annual budget process and work with Program Directors
across the organization monthly to control costs and stay within
- Work with Program Directors to drive financial performance, and
track and manage/reduce program costs.
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations
for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Establish and oversee financial safeguard policies and internal
controls to ensure organizational stewardship of financial
- Serve as the staff lead on the Finance and Investment
Committees of the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the annual financial audit and preparation of the Form
990 tax return: facilitate annual workmen's compensation
- Manage all organizational insurance coverage to include
workmen's compensation and audit, general liability; fleet auto
coverage, directors' and officers' (D&O) policy, rental,
medical and homeowners' association, etc.
- Provide all required documentation for compliance and
- Monitor mortgage portfolio including current loans,
delinquency, and servicer relationships with the Director of Home
- Vaccinated against COVID 19. Proof will be required.
Education and Experience:
- College graduates with a degree in accounting and a minimum of
5 - 8 years of experience as Controller/Accounting Manager; CPA and
or CNAP is preferred.
- Demonstrated Supervisory experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents -
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally
and in writing.
- Ability to assume a leadership role, as well as a team member
role, in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and make informed
decisions that comply with policy and procedure.
- Attention to detail - data driven decision making.
- Commitment to transparency.
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Office
proficiency, email applications, and accounting software and an
understanding of how technology enables business operations and
- Consistent and reliable attendance, with the ability to work
on-site as needed.
- Managing multiple priorities.
- Willingly adhere to Habitat PHL's employment policies.
Other Skills Valued
- Experience working with Abila similar General Ledger software,
Paycom or other payroll/HRIS software, and Salesforce or similar
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations
Physical Requirements to Perform Duties:
- Ability to be stationary for long periods at a computer
Benefits & Compensation
- This position is eligible for medical, dental, paid vacation,
sick time, and holidays. Salary is commensurate with
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through
the Indeed application portal by October 17, 2022. Applicants
without cover letters will not be considered. No calls, please.
Link to apply: To apply:
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE
CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE.
Operations, Strategy, US Affiliate
About Habitat for Humanity
, founded in 1976, is a global, Christian-based nonprofit
organization that grew out of an intentionally multi-racial
community in rural Georgia. Seeking to put God's love into action,
Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith
to build homes, communities and hope. Working alongside each other,
we help families and individuals build and improve places to call
home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they
need to build better lives for themselves. Habitatseeks individuals
who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity employer
and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all
our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate
against any person because of race, color, religion, gender,
marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard
status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
This page is about our work in the North America region.
Goodbye or DIY?
Get breaking news, ways to help and our free DIY guide full of
helpful tips for homeowners. Join our email list today.
This field is required. First name
This field is required. Last name
This field is required. Email address
Keywords: Habitat for Humanity, Philadelphia , Chief Financial Officer, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!