Company: Kitty Cottage Adoption Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Cat Adoption Coordinator is responsible for organizing the flow
of cats through the shelter from their point of intake to adoption.
They are responsible for overseeing all daily care, maintaining
accuracy of information, and advertising cats for adoption. They
will also assist in other areas of shelter operations as needed.
This position requires a hard-working team-player with an open and
friendly attitude and the ability to perform well with the
- Oversee and ensure proper feeding, cleaning, and care of all cats
in the shelter.
- Work closely with Assitant Manager on all policies and procedures
as related to cat program
- Ensure a clean and healthy environment in all cat housing areas;
provide guidance and support for Animal Care/Adoption Specialists
and volunteers as required.
- Responsible for providing and ensuring every cat's
behavioral/emotional needs are met to the best of organization's
ability though individualized enrichment plans, behavior
modification plans, and recommendations for foster placement to
ensure reduced length of stay and appropriate care.
- Monitor the health of the cats on an ongoing basis and report any
concerns to the Shelter Director.
- Ensure resident cats receive any daily medications as directed by
the Shelter Director (DO).
- Occasionally acts as Supervising Coordinator (senior staff member
on duty) as assigned in absence of SD or other senior team
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Responsible for creation of draft social media posts highlighting
adoptable cats on a regular basis
- Participate in local TV/radio promotional activity regarding
adoptable/soon to be adoptable cats upon request
- Facilitate adoption process in accordance with current policies
and procedures; interact with adopters and support Animal
Care/Adoption Specialists though cat adoptions as needed
- Take high-quality photos and video clips of shelter cats and
upload to shared-drive database in timely manner for use in
adoption profiles and marketing/fundraising materials
- Write cat adoption profiles and ensure all relevant medical and
behavioral info is present and accurate prior to posting cats up
- Ensure timely follow up with all cat adopters via email or
- Steward relationships with adopters as appropriate, reporting
relevant developments and information to other departments as
- Two years of volunteer or work experience with animals
- Two years of volunteer or work experience with the public in a
customer-facing position preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
- Practices humane and compassionate treatment of animals and
people at all times.
- Promotes the safety of animals, other staff, and shelter visitors
as a top priority.
- Knowledgeable about general cat behavior.
- Willingness and ability to learn more about cat behavior, common
issues and ways to address them in order to create good adoption
matches and promote pet retention.
- Strong interpersonal skills; The ideal person for this job would
be personable, patient, professional, and able to get along well
with a variety of people.
- Exercises maturity and good judgment; remains calm in stressful
situations and when dealing with the public, staff and
- Detail oriented. Able to prioritize and perform duties
efficiently and effectively with appropriate independence
- Communicates issues, concerns, ideas, and good news clearly and
effectively with appropriate personnel
- Efficient computer skills; able to maintain and use a variety of
applications for recordkeeping
- Experience in animal behavior, health, handling, & care in a
shelter environment preferred
- Comfortable and able to work with animals of unknown disposition
and those who may exhibit medical issues/aggressive tendencies
and/or other problems
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have valid driver's
Work is performed in an animal shelter that operates seven days per
week with exposure to animals, including some with questionable
health and temperament concerns. The person in this position needs
to regularly move about the shelter. Regularly operates a computer
and other office equipment . Constantly communicates with clients,
staff members and volunteers who have inquiries and must be able to
exchange accurate information in these situations. Must be able to
climb stairs and lift at least 25lbs
*Equal Employment Opportunity*
Kitty Cottage Adoption Center provides equal opportunity in all of
our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military
status, or any other category protected by federal, state, and
local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment
relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation,
promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from
layoff, training, social, and recreational programs. All such
employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating
on any prohibited basis.
*To Apply, please submit cover letter and resume; open until
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
* 4-8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Weekend availability
Masks are not currently required but the policy is reviewed every
month. Vaccine and booster mandate in place for all staff (unless
exempt). Additional cleaning/sanitizing protocols in place.
* Are you able to commit to at least twice a month Saturday and/or
Sunday shift, 8am-1pm?
* professional animal care: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
* Flexible schedule
* Paid time off
* 4 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Norristown, PA 19401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Kitty Cottage Adoption Center, Philadelphia , Adoption Coordinator, Other , Norristown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!