Upstream Process Development Scientist
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Vector Process
Development, the Upstream Process Development Scientist will work
in close collaboration with colleagues in Downstream Process
Development, Analytical Development, Discovery, Clinical,
Manufacturing, and other areas. They will be responsible for
executing cell culture activities in both adherent and suspension
platforms and assist in the development of efficient, robust and
scalable viral vector production processes. The successful
candidate will be also responsible for working with members of
cross-functional teams in support of contract development and
- Execute and support laboratory studies for the development,
optimization, and manufacturing of viral vectors with minimal
- Maintenance, expansion, and banking of both adherent and
suspension cell cultures.
- Execute and support analytical methods for process development
- Write, maintain, and review laboratory notebooks and
- Prepare and deliver presentations at team and company
- Participate in a cross-functional team to transfer technology
to cGMP manufacturing partners.
- Interact with internal cross-functional team members including
Manufacturing, Nonclinical, Clinical, QA, Regulatory, Legal, and
- Work effectively in a team environment to meet project timeline
and objectives.Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree with at least 2+ years of hands-on
- Biotechnology industry experience in cGMP manufacturing,
process development, or research and discovery.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Closed system assembly use and design
- Shake flask, bioreactor, and/or adherent mammalian cell culture
- Viral transduction/transfection or expression systems
- Primary cell isolation and culture
- Experience performing analytical methods such as ELISA,
qPCR/ddPCR and flow cytometry.
- Experience in adherent/suspension mammalian cell culture, virus
production, and/or viral infection assays.
- Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of
laboratory notebooks (paper or electronic).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or statistical analysis
software (JMP, Minitab, Prism, etc.) for analyzing and presenting
data. About Actalent: Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our
scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and
results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve
more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact.
We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences
that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes
consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable
continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is
an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent
solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Actalent, Philadelphia , Upstream Process Development Scientist, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!