Company: Vertical Screen, Inc.
Location: Mount Laurel
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Vertical Screen is one of the world's leading applicant screening
firms. Operating through three subsidiaries - Business Information
Group, Certiphi Screening and Truescreen, as well as a
sister-company, Fieldprint - we serve the largest and most
respected organizations, institutions, corporations, and government
Vertical Screen is at the forefront of the applicant screening
industry. We design innovative technology that delivers accurate,
timely results to our clients. Our success begins with our diverse
team of kind, collaborative professionals who are passionate about
the work we deliver.
We are currently looking for a *Technical Documentation Specialist*
to create modern online documentation for our IT processes and
software solutions. The ideal candidate has worked with team
collaboration and knowledge management products such as Confluence
and is passionate about creating helpful content and making sure it
This role creates new and updates existing content and works on a
variety of projects including user manuals, client project and
integration documentation, quick starts, FAQs, release notes, and
Visio diagrams. The *Technical Documentation Specialist
*communicates internally with Operations, Developers, Sales and
Project Management to create online content that enables users to
quickly locate the information needed. The *Technical Documentation
Specialist *is also responsible for helping to develop our
knowledge management strategy including organization and
maintenance of our knowledge repositories to ensure that
information is categorized correctly, adheres to formatting
standards and is easy to find.
* Gather and compile the information required to create or maintain
* Conduct interviews with technical staff and review
project-related documents including project requests, SOWs,
technical requirements documentation, architecture and process
* Create documentation based on harvested information, ensuring
that it is packaged into well-formatted, grammatically correct and
professional content that is easily accessible and
* Communicate the release of new software products and enhancements
to existing solutions through online distribution and
* Maintain detailed and accurate revision history.
* Work with the IT Leadership to develop / refine our knowledge
management strategy including repository platform, knowledge
capture processes, asset taxonomy, maintenance strategy, and
* Excellent M.S. Office Suite skills, including Outlook, Word, and
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Enthusiastic, motivated self-starter who is able to work
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Able to work on several projects in parallel.
* Works well with a diverse population.
* Exceptional written/verbal communication, listening,
organizational, interpersonal, research, investigative, and
* Proven ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise
* Proven ability to learn about, implement and maintain new
* Demonstrated knowledge of team collaboration and knowledge
sharing tools such as Confluence.
*Education & Experience*
The ideal candidate will have:
* Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism,
Communications, or related field.
* Three or more years as a technical writer/documentation
specialist, communications specialist, marketing professional, or
combination thereof with a total of at least five years of related
* Experience with Microsoft Office and Visio.
* Previous experience documenting IT systems (custom software,
network, systems environments) is preferred
Vertical Screen offers a comprehensive suite of benefits, an
environmentally friendly workplace and flexible scheduling to
assist employees in managing their lives outside of work.
Medical, dental and vision coverage with spouse/family coverage
401K plan with generous company match
Flexible spending accounts
Voluntary insurance coverage plans (life, disability, etc.)
Paid time off
Paid training program/ Internal employee development
Casual dress code
Flexible work schedules
Employee referral bonus program
All candidates are subject to a drug test and a background
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Mount Laurel, NJ 08054: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Mount Laurel, NJ
Keywords: Vertical Screen, Inc., Philadelphia , Technical Writer, Other , Mount Laurel, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!