Security Officer - Immediate Openings
Company: Securitas Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Hospital Security Officer
JOB SUMMARY: Makes periodic tours to secure areas, provide customer
service, mitigate behavioral sudden occurrences, deter crimes, and
check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire
control equipment. Preserves order and may enforce regulations
pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises. Assist with the
functions of physical and personal security and safety measures of
members, patients, staff, and visitors. Protects staff and property
from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference,
including the potential for violence in the workplace.
- Must be vaccinated and able to provide documentation for
- Staring Wage between $15.00/hr to $17.00/hr (experience
- All Shifts Available
- Must be able to work atleast one day on the weekends.
- Weekly Pay, Overtime Available
- Proper handling of routine and emergency incidents detrimental
to the security and safety of the facility, patients, staff and
- Monitors entrances and exits; prevents unapproved or unlawful
entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and
parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors
remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote
access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a
disturbance to leave the property.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or on/in a vehicle; checks for
unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations,
blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized
persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment
and protective gear.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of
accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up
barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to
- Prepares logs or reports as required for post; writes or types
reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar;
inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client
representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or
public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances
and/or as required by the post.
- Responds to incidents of disaster, healthcare facility
emergency codes, fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding,
water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous material event,
inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following
procedures established for post, by the company, or through
training or certification.
- Accurately logs and maintains the Lost and Found department log
while adhering to the stated restrictions as they appear in the
departmental manual. Assures that all property removal is conducted
within appropriate policy requirements and in accord with client
standards; identifies client products or materials among items
carried by client employees or visitors.
- Age-Related Competency: Has demonstrated knowledge of and
competence in age-related patient care, as defined and documented
in the facility standards.
- Workplace Safety: Is aware of and works within healthcare
facility and departmental safety guidelines, including reporting
potential hazards and hazardous behavior. Uses appropriate body
mechanics and lifting devices, as needed, for all work
- Meets or exceeds annual or bi-annual clinical/employee health
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or
Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English
Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process, including drug screen and background
Security, military, or law enforcement related experience
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state,
county and municipal licensing requirements for Security
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and
- Pass each healthcare competency exam and/or skills lab
including a managing or defusing assaultive behavior training
program or similar course as described by the client
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact
effectively at various social levels and across diverse
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the
physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential
functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of
the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging
individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to
communicate with employees and clients, observe and report
incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required
for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and
walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling,
crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds and occasional
lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust
- May be required to use vehicle for the performance of
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather
or be required to work in environments or under conditions that
require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of
personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Must be able to move quickly throughout the Healthcare facility
and physically restrain people by physically holding the individual
down and then be able to also carry or lift the individual with
other healthcare facility staff members.
- The ability to maintain mental stability under periods of
stress. The ability to push or pull gurneys with patients of
various weights on them.
- The duties of this job include possible exposure to deadly
weapons, injury from violent persons, infectious persons, gases and
fumes, blood and body fluids, hazardous chemicals, heat, wind, rain
and cold; the employee must understand and demonstrate the ability
to take protective actions, following established guidelines. The
noise level in the work environment can vary from extreme noise to
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them
a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through
our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our
clients' assets and people. Our core values - Integrity, Vigilance
and Helpfulness - are represented by the three red dots in the
Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we're looking for you
to join the Securitas team.
About the Team
Our Company Mission:
Securitas' mission is to protect homes, workplaces, and communities
by providing the security services they need to protect their
assets, safeguard their people, and maintain their ability to
Securitas' core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are
the foundation for our employees to build trust with customers,
colleagues, and the surrounding community.
Securitas employees are honest and trusted by customers to
safeguard their premises and valuables. We don't compromise on
integrity and create an open forum for our employees and customers
to voice opinions, report improprieties, and share information.
Seeing, hearing, and evaluating. A Securitas employee is always
attentive and often notices things that others don't. Their
vigilance is necessary in order to be aware of potential risks or
incidents that may take place on our customers' premises.
As part of an on-going effort to ensure safety, Securitas employees
are always ready to help if an incident occurs that requires
intervention regardless of whether or not it is directly related to
Keywords: Securitas Inc., Philadelphia , Security Officer - Immediate Openings, Other , Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!