Remote ProFee Coder
Company: Aquity Solutions
Posted on: January 16, 2022
--Professional Fee (Physician Services) Coder --
As an experienced Aquity coder you will be--responsible for
providing coding and abstracting services for clients on inpatient,
outpatient, and clinic visits for professional fee (physician
services) medical records using ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 data sets for a
wide variety of medical specialties.--You will use established
coding principles, software and your knowledge and experience to
assign diagnostic and procedural codes after a thorough review of
the medical record.--As a coding team member, you may participate
in industry forums as well as support coding education within the
team.----This position is fully remote.
- Reviews medical records to identify pertinent diagnoses and
procedures relative to the patient's health care encounter.
- Abstracts appropriate information from the medical record based
on the guidelines provided by the client and after a thorough
review of the medical record.
- Solicits clarification from the physician regarding ambiguous
or conflicting documentation in the medical record using guidelines
provided by the client.
- May act as a mentor to training coders and/or new hires by
providing education and training.
- Maintains current knowledge of the information contained in the
Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, and the Official Guidelines for
Coding and Reporting.
- Maintains effective and professional communication skills.
- Contributes to a positive company image by exhibiting
professionalism, adaptability and mutual respect.
- CCS, RHIT, RHIA, CCS-P, COC, CPC, or CIC required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of professional fee--coding
experience; 5-7 years preferred.--Deep understanding of physician
- Understands medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, surgical
technology, pharmacology and disease processes.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding principles
and guidelines, reimbursement systems, federal, state and
payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to
documentation, coding and billing.
- Must pass coding proficiency test.--Why Work for Aquity?We
offer competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive hourly pay!
- Three weeks of paid time off (120 hours) annually!
- Seven paid holidays annually!
- Job related education reimbursement, CEU and credentials!
- Medical, dental, vison, 401K with match and more!----
Keywords: Aquity Solutions, Philadelphia , Remote ProFee Coder, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!