Company: Gemma Services (formerly Silver Springs - Martin L
Location: Plymouth Meeting
Posted on: November 22, 2021
General Responsibilities: Responsible for providing lifeguard
coverage for Gemma Services (formerly--Silver Springs-Martin Luther
School)--children and staff while strictly enforcing all Pool Rules
and abiding by the same; coordinating work within the department as
well as with other departments and divisions; reporting pertinent
information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or
requests for information. Essential Duties:
- Supports the ministry and mission of Gemma Services-Martin
Luther School by providing hope and healing through high quality
mental health, educational, and supportive services for at-risk,
vulnerable children and their families.
- Provides lifeguard coverage for Gemma Services-Martin Luther
School children and staff while strictly enforcing all Pool Rules
and abiding by the same of which the following are
- Ensures safety of all individuals in the pool area; reviews
safety instructions with each swimming group, each day.
- Remains constantly alert to all pool area activities; avoids
diversion of attention, such as socializing with children or
- Provides lifeguard duties and swim instruction for children, as
scheduled by the Activities Supervisor.
- Implements first aid and rescue services if needed.
- Maintains order and discipline in the pool area at all times;
reports inappropriate behavior via Critical Incident Reports
- Enforces the requirement that Child Care/Mental Health Workers
assigned to observe children remain in their designated location
and alert at all times; ensures that the number of direct care
staff present meet or exceed agency-required child/staff
- Prior to children being allowed to engage in recreational
swimming, tests their swimming ability and maintains a chart with
each child's name and competency level.--
- Maintains cleanliness and order in the pool area; picks up
towels, pool equipment, etc.; measures/adjusts pool chemicals daily
prior to children entering pool area; vacuums entire pool,
including floor and walls, at least once a week or as needed;
cleans the pool deck as required.
- Ensures all safety equipment is working properly and
immediately reports any damages to the EOD and the Maintenance Work
Order Hotline; maintains an inventory of equipment.
- Secures the entire pool area before leaving; closes and locks
all interior/exterior access doors to the pool and locker
- Monitors and inspects the locker rooms and gym area and,
weather permitting, the adjacent playground at the end of the
evening activity period to ensure the areas are in proper order;
notifies the EOD of irregularities; returns any unattended
clothing, sports equipment, etc. to the EOD.
- Checks to make sure that the outer doors of the Harrison Centre
and Hartley House/Fritz Building are locked each night.
- Performs all duties of a Child Care Worker. (See Child Care
Worker Job Description.)
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and
procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which
is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory
behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to
all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk
management and overall safety and soundness, i.e. pool rules, and
the organization---s compliance with all regulatory requirements;
participates in and completes all required training within stated
Gemma Services--training year.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the
department as well as with other departments and divisions in order
to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or
to requests from other staff, etc., within given time frames and
within established policy.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as
requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles
information as necessary or as directed and provides data to
appropriate personnel. Ancillary Duties:
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential
functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed
depending upon individual circumstances. Job
Requirements:Education/Training: Must have a high school diploma or
equivalent; valid American Red Cross Lifeguard/CPR/First Aid/AED
certifications. Skill(s): --Moderate reading, writing, grammar, and
mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and
communicative skills; ability to tolerate defiant and aggressive
behavior and frequent stressful situations; excellent swimming
ability and knowledge; ability to provide lifeguard duties
(including first aid) and swim instruction for children; knowledge
of Crisis Prevention/Emergency Safety Intervention; visual and
auditory skills; ability to stand, sit, stoop, reach, climb, crawl,
and lift items weighing 30 lbs. or less; ability to use physical
re-direction and restraint techniques; valid driver's license.
Experience:-- A minimum of one (1) year of related experience
normally required. Hours:----Must be available to work:-- Monday's
and Wednesday's from 6:00pm - 8:30pm; Saturday's from 1pm - 5pm and
Sunday's from 6:00pm - 8:30pm. Equipment/Machines:
- PC/Computer keyboard
- Fax machine
- Copy machine
- Lifeguard and pool equipment
- Walkie Talkie
Keywords: Gemma Services (formerly Silver Springs - Martin L, Philadelphia , Lifeguard, Other , Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!