Behavioral Health Therapist
Company: Rogers Behavioral Health
Posted on: October 15, 2021
The Education Specialist is responsible for providing classroom
time, completing appropriate screenings, & coordinating
communication between the Inpatient Programs & the home schools.
This information may include treatment plan goals including length
of stay targets, assessments, behavioral techniques and related
specifics. Looking for someone who is comfortable with mental
health, teacher, passionate with student population, advocacy on
behalf of patient and families. Expectations in first 6 months -
working with student aged patients, advocate for patients and
State of Pennsylvania teaching certification,
with one (1) year's experience working with adolescents who have
exceptional educational needs
Schedule: Full Time Monday - Friday
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as an internal & external resource regarding educational
- Participates in the development of clinical & educational
- Work in partnership with the Marketing department to promote
the Child/Adolescent Programs.
- Provide school contact information to the Marketing
- Provide information regarding Rogers Memorial Hospital to
- Conduct tours of the facility for visiting school staff.
- Gather information of needs of the school community and
communicate to Marketing.
- Complete the initial admission functions and document.
- Secure, or validate, release of information for a contact
person at the home school.
- Verbally discuss concerns regarding the patient with identified
school contact person.
- Meet with the patient to review educational issues.
- Complete educational assessment & educational testing.
- Attend appropriate school sessions, IEP meetings and
conferences and document summary in the medical record.
- Provide educational information regarding the patient’s
diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Assist the school with the development of an educational plan
regarding behavior management of the patient at school.
- Implement the education therapy programming.
- Adapt programming in consideration of the following patient
information: academic strengths, weaknesses, & special needs.
- Select goals & materials designed to meet age-specific
- Implement & enforce effective behavior management
- Coordinate discharge planning regarding the educational
placement and needs of the patients.
- Notify the identified school contact of discharge.
- Arrange for receipt of requested written information.
- Act as the primary resource for patients, parents, and
guardians regarding school concerns. 9. Attend daily staffing
meetings, communicate with the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides appropriate documentation in the patient’s medical
- Summarizes results of assessments & appropriate testing.
- Records a daily note that indicates progress towards treatment
- Provides input & interventions into treatment plan.
- Documents information released to identified school contact or
- Participate in the Performance Improvement program on an
ongoing basis, including, but not limited to:
- patient satisfaction.
- unit or hospital-based performance improvement teams.
- unit systems or communication patterns that might be
- unit or hospital safety.
- Participate in projects, tasks and continuing education
opportunities to improve skills and expand competence in the
delivery of Education Specialist duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a similar field is
- Must be 18 years of age, or older.
- A minimum of four (4) years of direct related experience in a
mental health field with children or adolescents is required.
- A valid drivers’ license is preferred. May be required to have
driving record approved by Rogers Memorial Hospital’s
- An American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR
certification or American Red Cross Professional Rescue is
required within 30 days of date of hire. Annual re-certification is
- Formal training in management of the aggressive patient within
60 days of the date of hire. Annual re-certification is
- State of Pennsylvania teaching certification, with one (1)
year's experience working with adolescents who have exceptional
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
for positions of 30 hours or more per week.
- Childcare reimbursement offered for positions of 20 hours or
more per week.??
- Gainshare bonus based on company goals.?
- 401k with matching contribution that is fully vested from day
- Loan relief, tuition reimbursement and scholarship
ABOUT ROGERS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Based in Wisconsin since 1907, Rogers Behavioral Health is a
private, not-for-profit provider of behavioral health services and
is nationally recognized for its specialized psychiatry and
addiction services. Anchored by the main campus in Oconomowoc, WI,
Rogers offers evidence-based treatment for adults, children, and
adolescents with depression
and other mood disorders, eating
disorders, addiction, obsessive-compulsive
and anxiety disorders, and Trauma
Rogers provides residential care and has three inpatient
facilities that serve southeastern Wisconsin. Rogers also offers
outpatient services throughout the state of Wisconsin as well as in
California, Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and
The System also includes Rogers
Behavioral Health Foundation, which supports patient care,
programs, and research; and Rogers
InHealth, an initiative that works to eliminate the stigma of
mental health challenges. For more information, visit www.rogersbh.org.
Keywords: Rogers Behavioral Health, Philadelphia , Behavioral Health Therapist, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!