Hiring Now - Special Education Teacher
Company: Green Tree School
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Green Tree School & Services is a non-profit
state licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and
clinical support to children with autism disorder and severe
emotional disabilities. At Green Tree School & Services, all
students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the
appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania
Department of Education.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a
mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a
fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition
reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Green Tree School & Services in Philadelphia,
PA is seeking a qualified Special Education
Teacher to teach and mentor students. As a Special
Education Teacher, you will play an integral role in the success of
our students while overseeing the classroom team and dynamics. This
is a full-time, ten-month position to provide general classroom
instruction for students with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, serious
Emotional Disturbance or Development Delays.
- Effectively and proactively Supervise class structure and
- Maintain ongoing supervision and evaluation of all students,
providing timely and constructive feedback to collaborating
personnel and to participate in follow-up planning.
- Maintain documentation and vigilance of student goals and
objectives, monitoring progress and reporting successes.
- Monitor and support implementation of prescribed behavior
- Effectively Supervise bus transitions, meals, recess, and other
non- academic responsibilities.
- Participate actively in staff discussions and collaborate
through communication in established team meetings.
- Implement and evaluate success of prescribed curriculum and
quality instructional techniques.
- Maintain focus on “best practices”, continuously seeking new
ideas and techniques to ensure student progress.
- Participate in planning and implementation of quality
- Promote social responsibility and leadership of support staff
- Promote social responsibility and conflict mediation.
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom.
- Display students work and stimulate student interest via
bulletin boards and room displays.
- Maintain various classroom arrangement conducive to diverse
- Ability to apply a variety of techniques and approaches to meet
the range of student levels and skills.
- Ability to individualize instruction according to cognitive and
academic styles of learners.
- Engage students in stimulating, multi-modality learning
experience consistent with prescribed curriculum.
- Use appropriate and timely verbal de-escalation techniques
- Collaborate in safe physical intervention as necessary.
- Encourage students to embrace, multicultural opportunities and
Eligible Green Tree School & Services Employees will
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase
Green Tree School & Services is proud to be an equal
opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We
are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our
employees and the students we serve. For more information about
Green Tree School & Services careers and benefits, please visit our
- Bachelors or better in Education or related field
Licenses & Certifications
Keywords: Green Tree School, Philadelphia , Hiring Now - Special Education Teacher, Other , Springfield, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!