Senior Oracle DBA
Location: King of Prussia
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Oversee, administer, manage and support all dev, test and prod
Oracle databases; detailed job description below.
What does a great Senior Oracle DBA do?
Demonstrate advanced skills in Oracle utilities AWR, ADDM and
OSWatcher as well as OEM management and administration. Work
closely with senior leadership, clients, systems programmers, and
development staff to define and resolve information flow and
Work on multiple projects as an Oracle DBA or SME in database
technology independently. Design and implement conflict detection
and resolution (CDR) solutions for replication. Configure,
administer, and implement complex database infrastructures,
multiple replication technologies, multi-directional flows, and
other high availability architectural topologies.
Configure and administer Oracle Golden Gate and other
high availability architectural designs. Monitor and analyze
performance metrics and allocate database resources to achieve
optimum database performance. Support multiple servers and multiple
databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by
database size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces)
with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and
accessibility of the data. Perform fail-over testing; implement
database patches and upgrades; and demonstrate expert level
knowledge of networks, storage, encryption, security, cloud and
backup and recovery technologies.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Experience in installing and administering Oracle 12c through
- Experience in configuring and managing Oracle RAC, Clusterware,
grid infrastructure, Oracle ASM, OEM and Golden Gate
- Experience in administering databases in ODA & Exadata (ExaCC &
- Experience with RMAN database backup and recovery using
- Experience with Dataguard setup and management
- Experience with defining and maintaining database user
- Experience in defining security standards and support security
- Experience with capacity monitoring and planning for the future
- Experience with Perl, Unix Shell Scripting, and Python for
custom monitoring and automation
- Experience working with development team during design sessions
to provide performance and scaling inputs
- Experience with troubleshooting problems relating to the Oracle
database that may originate or exist in the infrastructure that
supports the data store including application server, network,
storage, and operating system component/layer
- Experience with on-call production support
- Preferably have some experience with administrating MySQL
(Percona) and Couchbase
- Experience with Reporting (Tableau) and ETL (Pentaho)
- Willingness to learn newer technologies and support the
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Master's degree or equivalent in Information Technology,
Engineering, Computer Science, or related field + 7 years of IT
experience in Oracle database administration.
- Experience with Oracle ExaCC, ExaCS
This is an on-site role, all candidates will need to work
on-site. No remote, telecommute options.
King of Prussia is our prefd. location. We will, however,
consider candiate in New Jersey or Alpharetta, GA as well.
Keywords: Fiserv, Philadelphia , Senior Oracle DBA, Other , King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!