Engineer 3, Engineering Operations
Posted on: October 14, 2021
together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to
create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a
Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and
fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a
wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of
change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable
people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for
millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for
teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to
lead the future in media and technology, we want you to
fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This Engineer 3, Engineering Operations role will be dynamic in its
contributions to our Incident and Problem Management teams as part
of a larger Reliability Engineering capability.
This Engineer 3, Engineering Operations role will be responsible
for leading troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical
solutions to operational problems, new product implementation,
implementing existing products and services and the overall upkeep
and maintenance of designated areas of engineering.
This individual will have the opportunity to interface with
vendors, engineering and peer operations organizations; and provide
technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams.
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate
resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting
direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures,
policies and processes. Ensures projects are fully integrated into
the operations environment including lifecycle problem management
from front line CARE through Engineering.
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows;
maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and
metrics, identifies problem areas and provides actionable insight
- Provides input to Engineering and vendors on defects and
required enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard
- Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated
areas of engineering. Identifies, isolates and escalates issues to
appropriate personnel. Ensures that all maintenance is properly
validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or
architectural changes to existing products. Assists with or leads
efforts to build new application infrastructure, coordinating
efforts across teams.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow and data
state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning
- Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning
different engineering disciplines within the organization.
- Leads the integration of projects into operations including
instrumentation, automation, standardization and
- Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May
direct workflow and act as a technical lead.
- Strong understanding of SRE concepts, emphasizing the
application of software engineering and should have relevant
experience of 9 to 11 Years to infrastructure and operational
- Outstanding customer focus and communication
- Understanding of DevOps principles and willingness to
participate as a member of a DevOps organization (i.e. willingness
to learn new tools and concepts to aid colleagues on partner teams
- Understanding of large-scale distributed
- Basic Unix system administration knowledge
- Experience writing software that can engage with and
consume data from other systems using APIs and SDKs 7. Experience
with VMware, AWS, or Kubernetes required by role
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Engineer 3, Engineering Operations, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!