Senior Cost Manager
Why join us?
Our Pharma team is growing! If you want to be a part of a
successful global organization and have at least 7 years of recent
experience as a Cost Manager on large Industrial Construction
projects in Office or Lab Manufacturing and Life Sciences/Pharma,
we would like to connect with you. This role implements established
procedures for baseline schedule and cost control budgets, cost
reporting, monitors progress, tracks actual expenditures and
develops forecasts, as needed. Analyzes status data and trends as
required. Responsible for all aspects of project cost management.
This is an immediate need. This is a full-time position with
Faithful+Gould that comes with robust benefits. We seek individuals
who are looking for long term tenure and growth.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and
consulting, providing clients with Owner's Representative expertise
and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We
offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile
clients across key business sectors which include many of the
Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies.
Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction
Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR
(Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and
opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It's in
How will you contribute to the team?
- Manage, review and issues cost reports to the client and
construction team, including key project indicators
- Tracks and analyzes the project costs including budgets,
commitments, actuals, accruals, forecasts, and contingencies
- Produce forecasts of total project costs, annual costs, and
monthly cash flow costs and provides variance analysis and
- Manages, revises, and maintains the status of the detailed
project cost estimate/forecast to include all phases of project
execution from design/engineering, material/equipment procurement
and deliveries, construction contracts through start-up activities
- Assists in analyzing project control requirements as part of
the bid review process to ensure all cost control requirements are
incorporated into individual contracts and purchase orders
- Provide procurement services for the client where applicable
for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP,
bid analysis and bid reports
- Reviews change orders in accordance with the client's approval
- Provide cost information on value engineering analysis
- Attend project meetings and lead meetings relating to cost /
commercial aspects as required
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures
that they meet their contractual requirements
- Interacts with Project Mgt Information Systems group to help
define system, work/process flows and capabilities.
- Manages program cost estimate databases and utilizes pivot
tables to drive summary reporting and cash flows.
- Manages Contract Approval Request (CAR) system for new
commitments and change orders for all direct reports.
- Maintain project financial system through JDEdwards system,
develop reports and transaction policies.
- Manages current consultant/program budget, monthly accruals and
invoice approval tracking/routing.
- Weekly cost report with Client Finance.
- Update/create budgets for internal staff and consultant
- Reactive actions to respond to client data requests.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a
- Seven years of RECENT PHARMA experience
- Preferably a member of RICS or AACE or another relevant
- 7 years of related experience
- Experience with JD Edwards and/or other cost reporting software
- Strong IT skills with an excellent understanding of Microsoft
Excel, Project, Word, and Outlook
- Experience in new build, out of the ground construction and CRE
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within multidisciplinary teams,
including interacting with the clients
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive,
results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver
who has the judgment and the capacity to think complex issues
through and develop effective solutions in a timely manner
- Commercially aware, you'll work well as part of a team and
demonstrate that you can work autonomously when required
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project
and overall construction costs
- Ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality professional
- Drive and self-motivation to continuously develop their
technical and behavioral skills
- An ability to influence others through the use of sound
judgment and good sense
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own
- Develop their professional network to support the New York
office and career.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a
safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX,
dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous time-off benefits
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of
- Career development opportunities through our corporate
- Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
- Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet
insurance and commuter reimbursement account
If you think that a career with our team could match your
profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug
free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply.
Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our
Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer
your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G,
you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred
supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company,
SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to
recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any
financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse
characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe
that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender,
ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age,
religion or disability, but enriches itself through these
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other
subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to
throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your
privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to
know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you
confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.