Company: Illinois Tool Works
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Simco-Ion has been in the static control business since 1936,
and their longevity speaks to their success at improving safety,
increasing efficiency, and lowering overall cost for customers. At
the forefront of the static control industry for over 80 years,
today Simco-Ion is a global enterprise with vast intellectual
property and resources. When working at Simco-Ion, you will be
empowered in an environment that encourages open communication and
big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive
benefits, and opportunities to make an impact.
ITW, a Fortune 200 company, is one of the world's leading
diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment,
consumables, and related service businesses. The company has
prospered for over 100 years, changing the way people live and work
all over the world. Each of ITW's businesses has an independent
entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate. It is the highly
talented people at ITW who drive success through new products and
customer driven solutions.
To learn more about the Simco-Ion and what we do, please visit
our website at: https://www.simco-ion.com/industrial
and our corporate website at: https://itw.com/
Success as Simco-Ion's Maintenance Technician will be measured
by your ability to preserve the excellent condition and operational
readiness of our facility in Hatfield, PA. This includes conducting
diagnostic assessments, scheduling, and performing repairs and
maintenance of the facility and all plant equipment. You will
develop preventative maintenance procedures, document completed
work requests and perform other assignments to ensure a safe,
clean, healthy, and efficient facility. This is a physically active
role requiring the ability to maneuver around heavy equipment
including bending, climbing, crawling, manual dexterity and
frequently lifting and carrying objects weighing 50 pounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile, organize, and retain records and procedures for
maintaining Simco-Ion's manufacturing equipment.
- Perform preventive and required maintenance on Simco-Ion's
- Demonstrate a high degree of problem-solving ability and
initiative. This includes consistently and accurately determining
the correct scope of work necessary to resolve immediate and
potential problems as efficiently as possible to the respective
- Determine and arrange for the preventive or remedial actions
necessary to maintain a high degree of equipment readiness and
efficiency for meeting our high quality standards.
- Identify and contract with the best service providers for
scopes of work that exceed our in-house capabilities.
- Determine and recommend necessary improvements to the overall
building maintenance, safety, and security.
- Purchase, stock, and manage required MRO supplies and spare
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized workspace (experience
with 5-S principles is a plus).
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of maintenance in a Manufacturing / Industrial
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and wiring
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic systems and epoxy
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and electronic
- Ability to perform basic electrical tasks such as replacing
switches, receptacles, breakers, wiring, conduit, bulbs, and light
- Ability to perform basic plumbing tasks such as valve or
drainpipe replacement, copper, or PVC pipe fitting, opening clogged
lines, and installing or relocating air lines.
- Ability to operate a fork truck and comfortably work at heights
on a scissor lift or ladder.
- Ability to Lock-Out-Tag-Out and control equipment being
repaired or maintained.
- Ability to understand the theory of operation of the equipment
used in this facility.
- Ability to work individually or as a member of a team taking
direction from multiple people.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write the English
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word,
Excel, Outlook, and Teams).
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot electrical circuits form
24VDC to 480VAC is a plus.
- Welding and Fabrication experience is a plus.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues'
unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces
where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to
equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees,
beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all
aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability,
protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Illinois Tool Works, Philadelphia , Maintenance Technician, Other , Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!