Company: Gwynedd-Mercy College
Location: Gwynedd Valley
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Payroll Manager oversees and processes the payroll for over
1,000 employees on a semi-monthly schedule. The Payroll Manager
supervises the daily operations of the Payroll department and
ensures timely, efficient, accurate processing of multi-state
payroll in compliance with all applicable federal state laws and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other related duties may be assigned.
- Manage, maintain and review all payroll processing activities
including salary increases/decreases, tax documentation and
filings, including quarterly and annual federal, state and local
tax filings, unemployment, workers compensation insurance, benefits
and other actions affecting payment of personnel and payroll
history of employees.
- Process semimonthly payroll and review timesheets for accuracy.
Resolve any inconsistencies or errors.
- Oversee the tax filings in accordance with local and federal
law. Work with carrier connections to monitor tax updates and
ensure all tax tables are up to date and all employee tax records
are accurate and paid in a timely manner.
- Oversees all benefits and garnishments are accurately processed
and reconciled each month.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding
finances, payroll, wage and hour, tax filings, best practices and
- Establish and maintain employee records; ensure that employee
changes are entered correctly and on a timely basis; review changes
for proper authorization.
- Verify new hires are entered correctly and assign the necessary
taxes, leave plans, direct deposit, supervisors etc.
- Evaluate the payroll systems' internal control and procedures
and recommend changes as needed to ensure the safeguarding of
assets; identify and initiate appropriate accounting procedures to
prevent or correct errors or irregularities.
- Coordinate workflow and procedures between Payroll and Human
- Create and generate weekly, monthly quarterly and yearly
- Update policies and procedures in accordance with payroll
- Enter full-time faculty salary changes, stipends, adjunct and
other misc. stipends for all assigned contracts at each new
- Review and process leave plan accruals monthly and prepare
fiscal year accrual entries and allocation of benefit reports.
- Prepare semi-monthly and monthly JE entries and financial
statements for all payroll related ACH payments.
- Work with state and federal agencies as appropriate to include
Unemployment, Department of Labor as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the AVP of HR as well as the
Keywords: Gwynedd-Mercy College, Philadelphia , Payroll Manager, Other , Gwynedd Valley, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!