Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives
better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of
coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that
happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve
lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in
return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life
kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you -
with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky
personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we
know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds
who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who
don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who
have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky,
irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright
exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Provide restaurant guests excellent food quality, consistency,
reasonable prices, in an attractive environment, and with
professional service. Lead culinary functions to meet food quality
goals, meet financial goals, facilities maintenance, and personnel
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Lead kitchen staff and coordinate food orders, supervise food
prep and cooking by checking food plating, temperature, and portion
- Train kitchen staff on prep work and food plating
- Store food products in compliance with safety practices.
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen
- Assist with scheduling all kitchen staff.
- Promote all kitchen health and safety rules.
- Price menu items in collaboration with the Restaurant Manager;
order food supplies and kitchen equipment; keep weekly and monthly
cost reports as needed.
- Encourage and support team members in an effort to further
their growth and development.
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take
on responsibilities outside of this job post at times, as we all
What You Bring
- 1 year of experience in a related or supportive role is
- Expertise in food product, presentation, quality and
preparation along with menu concept and design.
- Time management and organizational ability required for high
quality food production.
- Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision to
complete assigned tasks.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to take
- Flexible schedule, able to work mornings, nights, holidays, and
weekends when needed.
- Food Handler Certification (if applicable).
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a
culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant
guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees
to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That
includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles,
education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of
all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual
orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO
policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.