POOL PCA Observation 7a-7p
Company: Trinity Health Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
12 Hour Day Shift
The Patient Care Assistant (PCA) is responsible for direct
patient care tasks as assigned and under supervision of
professional nursing personnel. Also provides indirect care to
maintain unit functions as directed by the professional nursing
staff i.e. care and cleaning of specific equipment, transportation
of patients, stocking of supplies and equipment, etc.
Patient Care Assistant Skills
- Measures and documents intake and output.
- Cares for and empties urinary drainage bag.
- Applies and removes electronic compression devices.
- Measures and applies antithrombolytic stockings.
- Handles application of heat and cold.
- Cares for patient with IV fluids.
- Does not disconnect IV fluids.
- Reports to licensed nursing staff any site changes or
repetitive pump alarms.
- Performs ostomy bag care.
- Enemas (without medication)
- Performs 12 lead EKG's.
- Prevents, recognizes and reports abuse.
- Performs capillary blood glucose monitoring accurately and
reports results to RN/LPN in a timely manner.
- Appropriately uses pulse oximeter (including reassuring that
pulse ox is painless):
- Properly uses different sensors based on age, location to be
- equipment functioning.
- Documents care in Meditech
- Vital signs
- Intake and output
- Nutrition (meal intake)
- Maintains current glucose meter operator certification
- Measures and Documents accurate intake and output on 100% of
the patients in which it is appropriately ordered.
- Documentation is at or close to "Real Time" of
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Corporation, Philadelphia , POOL PCA Observation 7a-7p, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!