Senior Consultant, Benefits
Company: National Financial Partners Corp.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Who We Are:
NFP, a growing employee benefits consulting and brokerage firm
located in Warrington, PA and seven-time recipient of The
Philadelphia Business Journal's Best Place to Work, is seeking an
experienced benefits consultant.
The successful candidate will join an expert team that partners
with clients to design, implement and manage their employee benefit
programs. Strong presentation and client relationship building
skills, financial aptitude, solid attention to detail and seasoned
analytical ability are the key skills that a successful benefit
consultant should possess. Candidates should have benefits
experience including but not limited to group benefits.
- Implementation and day-to-day administrative oversight of all
employee benefit products, including medical, prescription, dental,
vision, basic life insurance, supplemental life insurance,
short-term disability, long-term disability and voluntary/worksite
- Developing and maintaining multiple client relationships
- Negotiate and prepare renewal reports and other strategic
reports to include making recommendations and identifying
- Lead clients through benefits analyses and other strategic
- Financial analysis
- Developing self-funded conventional equivalent rates
- Budget vs. actual tracking/reporting
- Claims and utilization analysis
- Preparing RFPs and analyzing results
- Analyzing self-funded medical and PBM proposals
- Administration/technology guidance and implementation
- Compliance oversight and support
- Resolving claims, billing and other service issues
Book Growth & Financial Management:
- Responsible for client growth and profitability.
- Direct management of team and client expenses.
- Continually seek opportunities to cross sell services and
- Actively manage and approve team costs and expenses.
Client Relationships & Retention:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key client stake
holders and senior level PE representatives.
- Understand client goals and objectives and provide strategic
consulting to assist clients.
- Develop high-level, multi-year renewal and marketing plans,
healthcare reform strategies, and oversee annual renewals and
complex presentations - often under tight timelines relating to the
transactional need of PE clients and their portfolio
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide guidance to other
- Ensure client deliverables are on time, complete, accurate and
conform to standard.
- Serve as the lead on complex or escalated client issues or
assignments, providing direction to junior team members as
Employee Development & Team Leadership:
- Provide leadership, direction, mentoring and support to client
teams and direct managers on an on-going basis.
- Delegate effectively to provide challenge as well as
developmental opportunities to team members.
- Accurately identify the strengths and weaknesses of team
members and offer opportunities to enhance their knowledge, skills
- Continually provide updates and suggestions to training
materials and conduct formal training to consultants at all levels
when called upon by Senior Management.
- Ensure all team members are entering and maintaining accurate
and timely client data in CRM (SalesForce) system
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Attention to detail and commitment to outstanding client
- Interpersonal skills to work with multiple clients and
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Financial and analytical skills
- Project management, time management and organizational skills
needed to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Computer skills; proficiency with Excel and Word
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or a
- 5+ years of group benefits experience working with a book of
Certificates and Licenses:
- Life, Accident and Health License
- GBA or CEBS Certification is a plus
Keywords: National Financial Partners Corp., Philadelphia , Senior Consultant, Benefits, Other , Warrington, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!