Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and
casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides
commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal
accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life
insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb Global Risk Advisors is a global consulting enterprise
which provides health, safety, environmental, and engineering
services to clients across the globe.
Chubb Global Risk Advisors will be the preferred provider of
consulting and compliance services in the unbundled market while
maintaining our underwriting and loss control capabilities to
support Chubb. Our relentless focus on the customer experience will
build our brand preference. Our customers will define us as
customer-focused, experienced, flexible, creative and
The Data Analyst/Consultant will support analytics within Chubb
Global Risk Advisors (CGRA) by using data visualization to identify
risk factors and summarize key takeaways for clients.
The Data Analyst/Consultant will receive a request for an
analysis from a CGRA account manager, will work with the account
manager to develop a timeframe and hourly budget, and complete the
analysis on time and within allotted/budgeted project hours.
The Data Analyst/Consultant will need to communicate with
internal parties (such as account managers, sales executives, and
subject matter experts like ergonomists and industrial hygienists)
as well as external parties such as managers at client companies or
executives of brokerage firms.
As this role contributes to a consulting project, hourly work
will be billed to the client, and end-of-year performance will be
evaluated based on project hours completed.
Data analyses include:
- analysis of commercial insurance claims (workers compensation,
auto liability, general liability) to show trends over time,
concentrations of injuries by specific causes, concentration of
injury types by location;
- providing graphs and charts of air quality measurements by
location over time;
- visualizing basic correlations between insurance claims costs
and relevant factors;
- other projects as needed.
- Proficient and flexible use of Microsoft Excel including use of
pivot tables and vlookup functions;
- Effective communication - the ability to convey technical
topics to a nontechnical audience;
- Comfort with presenting findings to clients;
- Proficient and flexible use of Microsoft PowerPoint and
- Excellent time management;
- The ability to work well independently as well as
collaboratively with professionals in various departments;
- The ability to learn how to use new tools quickly and to
rapidly grasp concepts in fields outside your own.
Preferred Skills: One or more of these will make the candidate
- Familiarity with visualization tools such a QlikView,
QlikSense, or Tableau is a plus;
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts;
- Experience with SQL and/or the ability to create a relational
database using Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft Access;
- A background in statistics or data analytics is helpful;
- Coding experience in python or R would be useful but isn't
Experience (experience through education will be taken into
- 1-2 years of experience performing basic data analysis,
visualizing data, and/or summarizing insights from data;
- 1-2 years of experience working with insurance claims data;
- 1-2 years of experience working with workplace safety,
industrial hygiene, or ergonomic data; and/or
- 1-2 years of experience working with data from laboratory
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree required,
consideration will be given to the following fields
- data analytics, management, or related business fields with
experience summarizing data;
- chemistry, epidemiology, or other science-related fields;
- information systems;
- other fields will be considered if you can demonstrate business
acumen, effective communication, and data analysis
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding
work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how
Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse
perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way
where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the
opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and
comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental,
vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage,
stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition
reimbursement, and business casual dress.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and
compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our
policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion,
and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard
to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national
origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical
condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age,
and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we
hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees.
Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and
retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or