Prep Cook FT & PT - Philadelphia
Company: Maryland Live Casino
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
Responsible for properly preparing and cooking all food items in
a safe, timely, organized manner maintaining high quality of
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while
maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through
creating a worry free, carefree experience.
FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet
service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye
contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns.
Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both
for everyone who works and plays here
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Be able to produce from standardized recipes.
- Be able to prepare, portion, and cook food accordingly.
- Ensures stations are prepared to meet anticipated levels of
business for the day, assisting fellow staff when needed.
- Accomplish daily cleaning duties in an efficient manner
following sanitation guidelines.
- Ability to properly handle high volume cooking and plating
while maintaining consistent quality of food in a fast-paced
- Work hands on with other kitchen personnel to ensure high
quality of food, timeliness of food service, proper food handling,
and a safe, sanitary kitchen.
- Follows all appropriate procedures and works under supervision
of culinary management team.
- Abides by company and department specific appearance
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Must be able to work in smoke filled environments.
- Must be RAMP and Serv-Safe certified.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen in a safe and
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils.
- High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience
in food service preferred.
- 24/7 operation requiring extended hours and the ability and
willingness meet the applicant's schedules when needed.
- Casino is over 100,000 square feet and requires ability and
energy to move about it with a true sense of urgency.
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75
- Must be able to work in a smoke-filled environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of times without sitting or
- Ability to climb, bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body
and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels
- Use of going up and down 31 stairs multiple times per day and
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 100,000 sq. ft of gaming and
entertainment space and approximately 500 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights,
and loud noises.
- You may occasionally work in an environment where smoking is
Keywords: Maryland Live Casino, Philadelphia , Prep Cook FT & PT - Philadelphia, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!