Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Pep Boys is driven by its customer promise, "We go further to
help you go farther." Founded 100 years ago by military veterans,
generations of drivers have counted on Pep Boys ASE-certified Pros
to service their vehicles. With a national network of nearly 1,000
locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, and 27distribution centers,
Pep Boys employs more than 8,000 people. Over 7 million vehicles
pass through Pep Boys bays each year, and our commitment to being
the ONE our communities count on is demonstrated through our
exceptional customer experience and support of the critical
technical training initiatives needed to close America's skills
gap. For more information, visit www.pepboys.com.
Recruiter will execute the talent acquisition strategy for a
specific region within our retail, commercial and service
operations. The objective of this role is to develop and maintain a
continuous pipeline of qualified talent to staff assigned
locations. You will work closely with the Hiring Managers, HR
Business Partners and HR team to drive an integrated strategy that
will encompass all channels of talent - internal and external.
Success in this role will be demonstrated by effectively ensuring
the right talent is ready at the right time for any given
opportunity in our regional locations. Also critical is building
strong relationships with the hiring managers, being a catalyst and
playing a key role in influencing the entire recruitment
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for sourcing candidates by advertising and/or
posting job openings on our company website, online recruiting
websites and any other resources available.
- Develop a grass roots strategy to find unconventional channels
to source a diverse talent pool.
- Partner with Management in the field to forecast and develop
strategies for key staffing initiatives, including planning and
participating in successful recruitment events/drives.
- Manage full cycle recruiting process to meet the various
staffing needs for all positions within the region, including
managing the job requisition process and ensuring compliance.
- Responsible for building a pipeline of qualified leadership
talent for current and future roles in the region.
- Conduct intake sessions, phone screens and, as applicable, more
in depth in-person interviews and support hiring managers with
- Work with hiring managers to ensure all staffing needs are met
in a timely manner and appropriate staffing levels are
- Develop strong relationships and partner with hiring managers
and business leaders.
- Work closely with Hiring Managers to maximize effectiveness of
- Regularly follow up with the respective hiring managers and
candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process.
- Ensure a positive candidate experience and process.
- Partner with Compensation department to ensure appropriate
compensation recommendations are made and approved before making
offers to candidates.
- Weekly reporting on progress of assigned requisitions and
- Maintain recruiting files and applicant tracking data in
compliance with government regulations and company policy,
including the requisition process.
- Ensure interview and selection process is delivered
- Utilize organizational skills to manage new and existing needs
in multiple markets at one time, with frequently changing
- Demonstrate personal credibility and impact through effectively
leading candidates and hiring managers throughout the interview
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Results Oriented High energy, hard worker. Unafraid to seize
opportunities with a minimum of planning, accept challenges and
drive others for results.
- Effective Communicator Strong communication skills with all
kinds of people and the ability to understand, actively listen and
relate the information necessary for others to make accurate
decisions. Understands and is able to articulate people's strengths
and limitations, a good judge of talent.
- Organized Planner Creates effective processes and lays out work
in an organized manner to efficiently establish a clear direction
and accomplish goals.
- Builds Strong Relationships Establishes a strong collaborative,
team environment. Creates a climate of support and high morale with
a focus of meeting the expectations of both internal and external
customers. Able to negotiate through difficult situations and build
- Personal Flexibility Comfortable with change and handling
uncertainty. Remains calm under pressure, making effective
decisions in difficult times while maintaining a positive 'can do'
Experience and Credentials
- Minimum of 1 year of experience of full-life cycle recruiting,
preferably high volume retail and distribution center
- High School/GED required; Bachelor's degree required
- Some travel may be required.
- Proven track record of creatively recruiting and hiring all
levels of talent and building an innovative and sustainable
- Strong knowledge of the entire recruitment function -- talent
acquisition practices, principles and applications including
attraction, interviewing and assessment.
- Proven effective relationship and consultative skills -- with
candidates, hiring managers and key business partners with ability
to influence, inform and negotiate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to
build confidence and trust in leading the recruitment process.
- Demonstrated skill with Talent Acquisition technology ie.
applicant tracking systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and networking/influencing
skills -- at all levels of an organization -- and to both internal
and external stakeholders.
- Must possess a well-developed network of candidates and
external resources (i.e recruiters, head-hunters, senior leadership
in retail organizations, etc.) as well as the skills to build a
network quickly and comprehensively.
- Must demonstrate proven ability to identify and motivate
external candidates through cold-calling.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Philadelphia , Recruiter, Other , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!